It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

SeeSaw99 HB User
Oral sex protection

Question for the guys out there. I'm anticipating probably becoming sexual with my girlfriend pretty soon. Obviously, I want to be as safe as possible, i.e. using a condom every time, etc. As far as performing oral sex on her, what are the STD risks? I know that I can use some sort of latex covering when I do it (suggestions from sex education web sites), but, to be honest, I have NEVER heard of any guys using some sort of covering in oral sex. Is this something that really needs done? Would appreciate some advice...

Old 01-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Oral sex protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeSaw99
Question for the guys out there. I'm anticipating probably becoming sexual with my girlfriend pretty soon. Obviously, I want to be as safe as possible, i.e. using a condom every time, etc. As far as performing oral sex on her, what are the STD risks? I know that I can use some sort of latex covering when I do it (suggestions from sex education web sites), but, to be honest, I have NEVER heard of any guys using some sort of covering in oral sex. Is this something that really needs done? Would appreciate some advice...

While it's less likely to contract STD's through oral sex, it can happen. If she hasn't been tested for STD's (and you haven't seen proof), a dental dam is certainly a good idea. Is it worth it to possibly get an STD just because you're not quite comfortable with a protective device?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
(male)

Vitagen HB User
Re: Oral sex protection

It feels extremely good to have the lips touch the skin...but it'll feel much worse to have an STD afterwards. I wouldn't risk it without any proof. If you both turn out clean, then enjoy the heaven.

Closed Thread