It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #1

zoso88 HB User
Pain on head of penis

Hello. Let me start out by saying I am uncircumsized. I am 18 years old and have not had a sexual relationship yet. The problem which I am about to tell you is a very personal one that I have not told anyone before, but I believe hiding it will do no good.

Ever since I can remember, touching the head of my penis has hurt. When I went to get a physical when I was young, (don't remember age) my doctor pulled the foreskin back and used some kind of pad to clean it. It was very painful. Ever since I started masturbating, I always avoid touching it.

I used to have think pulling the foreskin back was too hard and hurt but I have been doing it a lot now and it has stretched a lot so it is no problem now. But I still have a pain when I touch the head of my penis. It is a very sudden pain that feels like it is very sen****ve.

I don't understand what this could be. This may sound stupid, but is this normal? Is the head of the penis always very sen****ve and after touching it a lot it gets used to it? I ask this because since I have avoided it as much as I could during masturbation. Why does the skin around the head of the penis not give the same feeling? Last night I was in the bathroom and pulled the foreskin back and tried wetting my finger and touching it as gently as I could to see how much I could tolerate it. But it felt just as it did years ago. The closest thing I can relate it to is like accidently touching your eyeball. It is a sudden pain that makes you pull your finger away as fast as you can.

Sorry for such a long post, I just had to get all that out because it's been on my mind since I was a kid. If you have any ideas on what it could be, please help. I am kinda afraid to go to a doctor right now, although I almost know I will end up going anyways.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: Pain on head of penis

It doesnt sound abnormal, just a bit sensitive. Maybe because you have avoided touching the glans it has never become used to being touched.

I guess you are going to have to try to desensitise it by allowing it to be touched by anything that it can stand for as long as it can stand it until it is more tolerent!

A traditional gentle material is silk, how about wearing silk boxers and retracting your foreskin and let it be caressed by the silk as you move about? I know it may be ultra sensitive but you can make it used to being touched by touching it more.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

If you look at my stretching instructions at the top of the mens health board there is a section on sensitivity. It's totally normal and just because it's never been touched much. Basicly you just have to start touching using things like the shower spray or your finger with lots of water-based lube (like KY), not just water. The more you touch it and use it the better things will feel,
Geoff

Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #4

zoso88 HB User

Thanks for the replies guys. That is good to hear, but I have one more question about this. Is there a possibility it could be some kind of infection? Is there something that could be causing this pain? I mean, do you feel any sort of pain when something touches you there?

Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

No, it's not an infection. This is normal for someone who hasn't touched the head.
I would go easy on the shower spray. Even at 50+, I have to turn the water down, before I'll let it touch the head. A lubed finger is a great idea. The more you touch it, the more used you will get to touching it. The sensitivity will go from something like an electric shock to something lovely. Don't be afraid to ask, that is what we are here for. We've all been there.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #6

zoso88 HB User

Thank you so much. I have been worried about this my whole life. I almost feel stupid now because I wish I would have done that when I first started masturbating.

Closed Thread