Originally Posted by Scheri
My husband and i have been married for just over a year now. In the first 2-3 months after we got married we were having sex all the time. However, after 4 motnhs our frequency started going down. My husband seemed to be wanting to masturbate more than having sex. He masturbates 3-4 times a day now and if i'm lucky we'll have sex twice a month!
All the married men I know masturbate, so that's normal, but I agree that the two key things are:
1. after 4 months things started getting worse
2. he accused you of trying to run his life
Obviously something isn't right here. So ask yourself this:
1. are your expections of him in bed unreasonable? Do you want him to last for hours? Do you make fun of him in bed? Do you compare him to other lovers? ie: have you really made it hard for him to enjoy sex with you and so he picks the easier route.
2. Are you actually a controlling person? Do you constantly demand things and nag if you don't get them. I mean, marriage is a two way street and you have to give up things to get them in return. Guys for instance need solitude and they need support. If he doesn't get those from you, he will find another way to get them.
3. You must have issues between you besides the sex one. What are they and do they revolve around control?
You have a serious situation on your hands because if this is marriage after 4 months, then marriage in 10 years will be hell. Decide now to take action, first by seeing a councilor on your own and then approach him with the idea of saving your marriage, because it sure seems like you don't have a marriage now.
How old are you guys by the way?