It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
(male)

GuyInFrisco HB User
Penis Shrinkage

Is it normal to have shrinkage when not erect. I noticed my penis when erect is 6 1/2 inches to 7 inches but when I am not erect in any cold or heat my penis is like around 1 inch or less. Sometimes it is around 4 inches but mostly one inch. Am I lacking blood flow to my penis?
Thanks

Old 02-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: Penis Shrinkage

It is quite normal - you are a grower not a shower! In other words you do not show much when you are flaccid, but grow to full size. Some men, and maybe this is why you are asking this question, remain a similar size flaccid as erect, but just grow hard.

And you are right, it will vary between those sorts of sizes depending on things like heat, activity, arousal etc.

Also if you have some excess body fat this will also cause it to look small, so maybe try losing some weight (do as I say not as I do!!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
(male)

GuyInFrisco HB User

Yes this sounds very true, I am a grower but lately my libido has been shot. I never received a complaint but I fear of false advertising..lol Anyhow this can be very embarrassing when using the urine stall at a public restroom or getting dress at the gym. Is there anything I can take to bring more blood flow down there?
Thanks

Old 02-14-2006, 04:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If what the guy next to you thinks is concerning you, you are thinking too much. He isn't going to care, and if he does care, he is probably experienced enough with men to know that what you see when flaccid bears little or no resemblance to what you see when it's erect.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInFrisco
Anyhow this can be very embarrassing when using the urine stall at a public restroom or getting dress at the gym. Is there anything I can take to bring more blood flow down there?
Thanks
I dont think bllod flow is much to do with it, after sports and in the cold the body is designed to pull the equipment into the body. Getting relaxed and warm reverses this.

But I agree that this can be a bit of a problem, and it is easy to feel inferior when a guy next to you is swinging a bannana around at the stall or guys are hanging down to their knees in the changing room. And sadly no I dont think there is anything you can do about it - and of course nature is at its cruelest in the changing room after sports, just when you want to impress it all shrinks away!

So it is back to making it look bigger - trimming the pubic hair will help make it stand out, slimming down will help.

You can also try getting nice and warm in the sauna before you shower, so that it is hanging nicely.

There is also the mind over matter approach, "I dont mind so it doesnt matter!". Bear in mind also that you are probably of average size, so are most other guys. Some show it, some grow it.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
(male)

Siouxlander HB User

6 1/2 to 7 inches when erect...sure wish I had that problem...many men (including myself) envy you! Do not worry you have the equipment when you need it.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

you have what it takes erect! warming up before a shower and loosing weight and trimming are all good suggestions, as for me, I need to loose the belly fat and I shave completely.... it helps look bigger
keil

Old 02-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
(male)

havequestion HB User

I have the exact same circumstances as GuyInFrisco. I also noticed mine tends to look/ seem bigger in the summer then in the winter, I'm not really sure if this is true or my imagination.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #9
(male)

GuyInFrisco HB User

I do need to lose 15 pounds but what good is it to grow when your libido is shot. I am not sure what happened but erections are no more for me and I am only 29yrs. I do take meds that can cause impotence but even before the meds my libido seems to get worse day by day and supposedly my testosterone levels are normal. When I was 13yrs I was an animal but soon as I hit 18yrs I noticed the decrease. I wonder if Prozac causes permanent issues with libido because thatís when I started to noticed the less desire for sex and I only took Prozac for about a month or two.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

In answer to "havequestion", yes the summer and winter heat cold does of course make it bigger or smaller so it is not your imagination. The body is designed to protect the genitalia by withdrawing it into the body to keep it warm, or descend it all out in the summer heat to cool the testicles to help the sperm. I know that here in the UK in the winter I look as if my genitals are hiding, whereas in the summer or in a warm country it all hangs out nicely!

In answer to "GuyinFrisco", I would strongly suggest having a chat to your doctor about changing to a medication that will not affect your libido, or even trying with no medication for a while if he/she thinks you can. The doctor will be able to tell you about the effects of the prozac as well.

There is another tack here - you say you could lose 15lbs - imagine how good you would feel if your did that! Not only would you have achieved something good, and hard for most people, but you would have helped to make your equipment look bigger into the bargain! This would in turn make you feel better about yourself, and coupled with medication that did not affect your sex drive you would be in good shape to move on with your life.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Weight can lower your libido. Meds can definitely have an affect on it. It is worth discussing with your doctor. Either he or she will know, or can refer you to someone who does.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
(male)

GuyInFrisco HB User

And I have High Cholestrol which they say can cause loss of libido.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #13
(male)

sin-good HB User

Hey guy in Frisco,

Re: your decreased libido:

When and if your libido comes back, please let us know: I share the same problem, i.e., extreme lowering of libido, though in my case it could be age-related (I'm 65). So, if it returns, tell us the circumstances, please. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #14
(male)

GuyInFrisco HB User

Hey Sin,

I am going to start working out again and watch/lower my cholestrol. I will keep you posted.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

joe789 HB User

Mine's tiny too when flaccid only about 1 inch. Erect its small too though (under 5 inches). I know what you mean about the locker room though! I keep my pubic hair trimmed. I'm afraid if I shave it completely it will look too much like a boys!

Closed Thread