It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
(male)

mushb00m HB User
bad odour

I became sexually active recently and although I always wear condom I notice my penis now emits bad odour and I have to clean them regularly. but they will always come back. I never had odour problem before but now when i touch my penis the odour transfer to my hand. I know that slight odour is normal but I never had this problem before and this problem just started after I became sexually active. I am worried that it is a sign of STD, but everything else is normal, no itching, lumps, discharge etc... Just this annoying persistent odour that I never had before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User
Re: bad odour

Are you circumcised or uncircumcised? Sometimes uncircumcised men can get an odor under their foreskin if they do not wash often. It is usually just a buildup of smegma, dead skin cells and body fluids.

Some men just need to wash more in this area to keep the odor in check.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

He knows that already. He is familiar with his body, and this is a change.
I would get checked for gardnerella.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

Gardneralla infection mainly happens in females.

G vaginalis colonization and/or infection predominantly occurs in women. Men rarely develop infections with G vaginalis; however, the urethras of men whose sexual partners have symptoms of BV are frequently colonized with the same strain of G vaginalis.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:07 AM   #5
(male)

mushb00m HB User

Thanks for both your replies. I researched about Gardneralla it seems it doesnt have symptoms in males. I have an appointment for sexual health check up next week. I just want to get a blood test or urine sample done. I'm so embarassed to tell the gp about the odor problem. Everything else is fine except my penis smells so bad no matter how many times I wash it it will disappear for a while and then it would come back later in the day maybe because the weather is so hot recently (its summer here in australia) and I just started a new job in the office where I just sit all day for 8 hours.

Closed Thread