It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
(male)

joey dee HB User
Lymph Node & swollen shaft of penis

Hi,

2 days ago I was at work and i started to feel this tandom pain in my lower stomach where the pubic hair is at I thought it was nothing serious than after I was the following symptoms.

-severe head aches,
-fever
-felt like i was going to vomit (still haven't vomitted yet)
-nausea
-light headed

So i decided to go home, at that time I thought maybe it was the pneumonia I had for over a month that was coming back again. WHen i got home the pain just got worse, I said I'll just play it off for a day and if it doesn't get better the next day i'll go the hospital. Well I didnt sleep 1 minute that nite. The following day (which was yesterday) I went to the hospital did a urine test, the DR said my Urine was clean. The Dr then applied pressure on my lower stomach and asked me if I was able to caugh while she was putting pressure. I was able to caugh while the Dr was applying pressure - even where the pain was on the side of my lower stomach ( where your hip bone is a little lower).

Finaly the Dr informed me my Lymph Node are swollen I also asked her to have a look at the shaft of my penis (under the top of the penis) because it was swollen also. THe Dr told me yes it's normal (possible) that a male's penis can get swollen if Lymph Nodes are.

She gave me Apo-Cephalex 500mg 4times a day for 10 days. SO its been 1 day now I been on the medication, my penis is still swollen, I mean i dont ask for a miracle to happen, but when should i normaly expect to see soem results. Because you can imagine how worried I was, I thought it was a Tumour, Cancer and so forth.

Here's my question, when you do a Urine test do Dr's look only for 1 specific thing or does an overal examination to see if there can be a problem elsewhere? And if your Urine test is clean is that a good sign?

Regards,
Joey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Lymph Node & swollen shaft of penis

They probably simply looked for the presence of white blood cells, which would indicate an infection of some sort. It would take several days or more for them to culture anything specific. But, yes, clean urine is good.

It may take a few days to really start feeling better and for the swelling to go down. If it doesn't then see your doctor for a checkup and to run some specific tests. Of course, be sure to take all of the antibiotics until gone, as prescribed.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
(male)

joey dee HB User
Re: Lymph Node & swollen shaft of penis

Magnetic,

Thanks for the reply.. Yah your deff right about finishing the antibiotics... Its just my first time having this like many its a stress like hell. I have read other posts... Its just when your penis is swollen it doesn't seem normal you know yah...

I haven't had sex in maybe 3 weeks and just so strange you can a swollen penis from masterbating.... Is there a way to make the swelling go down faster?

Joey!

Closed Thread