It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(male)

lintmunro HB User
Phimosis - Post Cream/Stretching

Alright. I finally went to the urologist and got some cream to stretch my foreskin. He told me after a three months, when I went for a follow-up, that I was "cured". I think he may have jumped the shark, though, because well, I can't pull back when erect (never have been able too), and it's still sort of tight when flaccid. I can still see a slight phimotic ring when pulling back as well. Should I go ask for another perscription? Should I look at my other options?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 05:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Phimosis - Post Cream/Stretching

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=210347

The stretching, along with perhaps more betamethasone cream, should do it. You are getting close.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
(male)

lintmunro HB User

It wasnt betamethasone, it started with a T.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
(male)

lintmunro HB User

Anyways. I think I'm going to just get it cut in some shape or form. I can't deal with it anymore, I've been stretching (on and off) for the last 3 years almost. It's not going away.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

It will take time to get cut in any form and recovery from a full circumcision will be at least two or three months. The swelling and sensitivity last that long or longer for most men. Some are lucky and have a shorter recovery time but they are the exception rather than the rule. Recovery from a frenuloplasty is faster but you don't describe a tight frenulum as a problem. A dorsal slit or a loose circumcision are your only other options. Consider that with a circumcision you will lose the gliding action of your foreskin for masturbation and once you get it cut off you can never go back. While you wait for an appointment, should you decide that's really what you want, keep working at the problem. Get some over-the-counter antifungal cream, the type used for women's genitals. You may have a low-grade thrush or fungal infection that is the root cause of the tightness. Some men have reported good results with a fungacide-Hydrocortisone cream. Treat yourself for that sort of infection then get some Betamethasone from a doc and try stretching with that. I don't know what could begin with T unless it's a brand name. Like I said you may as well act while you wait. I agree that almost 3 years is too long but if you can cure yourself then you wont have to go through the long recovery and lose your foreskin.
Geoff

Old 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If you have not tried a glansie, you have nothing to lose. They cost considerably less than a circumcision (about $100) and are guaranteed to work, or your money back.
It would work within a month, which is less than the healing time for a circumcision.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintmunro
Anyways. I think I'm going to just get it cut in some shape or form. I can't deal with it anymore, I've been stretching (on and off) for the last 3 years almost. It's not going away.
If I were in your situation I think I would opt for the circumcision. It will alleviate once and for all your phimosis as well as give you several other benefits such as prevention of disease and easier hygiene.

Loss of the so called gliding action is not really a loss in my opinion. Many people prefer the direct stimulation of the glans during sex and masturbation.

The procedure is not that involved. It is done under a local anesthetic in a doctor's office and is normal healing is 3 or 4 weeks.

I am circumcised and would not have it any other way.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Basic healing from a circumcision may take 3 or 4 weeks but we see plenty of posts from guys with a lot of swelling and tenderness two or three months later. Some complain of other problems like scarring too and almost all suffer some discomfort from the rubbing of the newly exposed glans on clothes. One poster was still suffering a lot of discomfort from that months later. Whether or not you value the gliding action of the foreskin is a personal choice but something to consider when weighing up the pros and cons. Some people like being circumcised. Some of us hate it.
Geoff

Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

I am uncircumcised. In my opinion, a penis with a foreskin is worth considerable patience, if that's what it takes. It is something I treasure.
How would someone who never experienced it, know the value of gliding action?
That would be like a colorblind person dismissing the value of color.
The original poster will make a decision, one way or the other. Once he does, he gets to live with the consequences of that decision. In that respect, it is just like every other aspect of life.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #10
(male)

lintmunro HB User

I would go for a loose circumcision, semi if possible. The thing is I have a frenulum breve and my Phimosis seems to keep coming back, although never quite leaving in the first place. The fact is I'm almost 18 and I'm nowhere near being able to pull back when not flaccid, and even when I am it's still really tight. It's not that I don't want to have the "benefits" of foreskin, it's that I really dont want to be some 30 year old virgin stuck rubbing cream on my foreskin nightly only to be back at square one two months lately. I have a very tight phimotic ring, and then there's the frenulum. I'd like to have a foreskin, but it just doesn't seem like it's happening. I'd like to have other options, but no dorsal slit, I'm sorry it's just unsightly.

What is a glansie?

Oh, and the cream I was given is "Triamcinolone Acet 0.1%"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffB
Basic healing from a circumcision may take 3 or 4 weeks but we see plenty of posts from guys with a lot of swelling and tenderness two or three months later. Some complain of other problems like scarring too and almost all suffer some discomfort from the rubbing of the newly exposed glans on clothes. One poster was still suffering a lot of discomfort from that months later. Whether or not you value the gliding action of the foreskin is a personal choice but something to consider when weighing up the pros and cons. Some people like being circumcised. Some of us hate it.
Geoff
The thing is, most people will take time out of their day to say they're having the problem. It's just like you don't see many people coming on with 0 issues with their foreskin, at least not anywhere near the amount with issues. Does that mean most men with foreskin have these problems? No. But the ones who do choose to post. I have been debating about circumcision for a while. I think I will get a loose circumcision, thus retaining some of the gliding you speak of.

Last edited by lintmunro; 03-18-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

A glansie is a device which is based on an otorhinolaryngological tool to expand nostrils. It is like a pair of bent needlenose pliers, on a spring. You insert it into the foreskin opening, at the phimotic ring, and squeeze the tool a little. It gently pulls your foreskin apart. You could potentially use it the north south way, instead of east west, and stretch your frenulum at the same time. They cost about $90, not cheap, but if it does the trick, a lot cheaper and quicker than recovery from a circumcision.
A web search turns one up pretty easily. Good luck.

Closed Thread