It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
(male)

dirkson4 HB User
Sex Questions

My girlfriend and I are history now but ive just been thinking some distressing thoughts. Our relationship was short and sweet only about a month but during that time we had alot of sex. One night I think we did it five times. Everytime I ejaculated i simply pulled the condom off and wiped myself with a tissue, I didnt wash my hands or penis or anything. When we were ready to do it again (maybe 30 mins later)I just slipped a new condom on. I was just thinking when i took each old condom off im sure there was a possibility that some semen got onto my hands. When i put a new condom on each time after I am concerned that my hand may have possibly transferred semen onto the outside of the new condom. Is this a possibility or is it far fetched? I Just dont want any news of pregnancies because she wasnt on the pill!

Also I havent slept around much and Ive never had sex without a condom but i have a paranoia of picking something up somehow. How safe is condom? Should I be very cautious even with one on?

Rick

Old 03-13-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: Sex Questions

The only perfect form of birth control is abstenance! The condom is pretty safe but does have its failures, sometimes teraring or bursting.

You are right to be concerned, but I should not worry too much as it sounds like you were fairly safe overall. But I am sorry to say that yes there is a possibility (a slim one though) that you may have let some semen get on the outside of the condom. Lets hope not!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
(male)

aurelius HB User

Two words for you:

Spermicidal Lubricant

Old 03-13-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
(male)

dirkson4 HB User

thanks for that aurelius, that woulda been good for her but what about myself? I dont wanna get some weird disease from having sex. I used a condom but i know this girl had numerous partners before me. Is a condom good enough? What other precautions can a guy take besides using a condom? is there anything else i should be doing to protect myself? I just met another girl and this crap plays on my mind.

anyone help me?

Rick

Old 03-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
(male)

dirkson4 HB User

thanks stuart for the reply. Well what should have I done? gone and washed my hands and my penis before each new time i have sex? sounds kinda obsessive! what do you do? what do you think i should do in teh future?

Old 03-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
(male)

aurelius HB User

To be honest with you, there's no silver bullet. Condoms provide some protection, but I've looked at condoms (with spermicidal lube) through the lens of how not to end up with an unwanted pregnancy.

The best protection against unwanted STDs is your own judgment.

My uncle used to tell me, "Aurelius, if you run around with skunks - sooner or later you're gonna stink."

He was talking about dirty women, but the anecdote is apt.

So ask yourself why exactly you are so concerned? What sort of ladies are you bringing home?

I'm not trying to sound like a judgmental prude, believe me I'm not.

It's just that the women I've been with took some work to bring home (for the most part). That in and of itself tends to mean they use a little quality and control when deciding who to sleep with. I suggest you do the same, if you're not already.

You can also talk to them. Get a feel for their past relationships. If she was selective about it and has been involved in long-term relationships, she's probably safe enough.

You can always take a peek at her medicine cabinet too

Old 03-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Condoms only protect what they cover. If she has warts on the outside of her vagina, then you might get them at the base of your penis or testicles. Same for molluscum and even herpes, I suppose.

You should really have washed your hands each time after removing the condom. This is not so much to prevent pregnancy, as too little sperm could possibly be transferred to a fresh condom to result in pregnancy, but to prevent disease transmisstion. After intercourse, the outside of the condom will have her vaginal secretions on it, and if you get some of that fluid on your hands and then you touch your penis, there is a chance of transfer.

The best way to prevent disease transmisstion is to use condoms and to thoroughly wash hands and genitles both before and after each round of sex. Also, use fresh, name brand condoms that are sized properly for you and make sure she is either well lubricated for sex, or use a lubricant, to help ensure against breakage.

I personally do not think that spermicidal condoms are effective. They contain only a small amount of spermicide that I would doubt they would be effective at all. Indeed, many women will become irritated by the spermicide, and that would not be conducive to good sex.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
(male)

dirkson4 HB User

OMG i have just noticed a very small wart like thing half way down my penis. There is only one and its very small. Probably something i caught off her. Any ideas?

Rick

Last edited by dirkson4; 03-16-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

You may be a bit paranoid. However, it would be a good idea to have it checked out, just in case.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
(female)

stephanie2105 HB User

First of all a woman can not get pregnant by u touching her with your hands after pulling off the condom because sperm dies when oxygen (or air) hits it. Condoms are a good factor but there is that worry of it tearing or busting or even have a hole in it from the factory. Only thing you can do now since it has been a little while since the break up is wait to see if she is pregnant, she should know around her time of her period. I am sure she would call you if she was.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

wildcat66 HB User

Here is a tip, be more selective in the type of women that you get involved with

Closed Thread