It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #1

dingoo HB User
removing pubic hair

hello guys i am new in here i am an 18 yr old guy and i bought this hair removal cream called veet some days back this cream is normally used by women to wax their legs and everything i want to remove hair from my public area together with my butts and arse.is it ok if i do that? do guys normally do that? and will applying this on my penile area cause any problems i dont want to be sterile

Old 04-15-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
Re: removing pubic hair

I'm not a guy, but Veet can be very irritating in that area. You might want to try just a little section to see how you react to it before you put it all over.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: removing pubic hair

I use Veet on my scrotum and base of penis, which I like to keep smooth. I mostly shave it or sometimes use the Veet.

When I first tried Veet I did what the instructions say, and did a test on a small area on the underneath of my scrotum, and can't really remember how long I left it or any details really, but when I washed it off I was pretty disapointed - it was like nothing had happened. So I didnt bother again for a long while. But I soon noticed that it had actually worked, and there was a nice smooth spot where I had tried it. Over time tho nothing grew back! I still have a small patch on my scrotum where no hair will grow! Ironically I wish I had done the whole scrotum like this!!

I have fairly recently started using Veet again, and find it ok. I am better now about using a watch to time exactly how long it is on for, and make sure I remove it in the shower after about 5 minutes. During application (I just spread it on with my fingers) I add another application a couple of minutes in, as I find this helps. After washing it off, there is a definate smoothnes, although I can still feel remnants of hair and so I do it again a couple of days later which helps.

If your skin is very sensitive you may feel a tingling, if this gets any more than this then wash it off straight away. If you have been shaving there for a while your skin may be more resistant to damage and it wont feel bad at all.

I cannot say how Veet will be for your arse, should be fine for your buttocks, cheeks and pubic hair. If the hair is very long or thick I would use clippers to shorten it so that you can actually get cream onto the base of the hairs or it will be a waste of cream and money!

Dont bother with the Veet Waxing strips! I tried them, they just melt sticky wax over you and dont remove any hair at all especially on fiddly bits like the scrotum! Then it takes ages to clean the wax off.

A small note on removing hair from your arse crack - there is a great article I read once on why you should not do this! You might find it via a search engine, I dont know. Basicaly this guy shaved his arse crack and lived to regret it as the hairs werent there to carry out their function of making your cheeks glide together as you walk, get sweaty, fart etc! It was a very funny article but had a lot of truths. I shall post it here in in a separate posting, if the mods let it stay then you can enjoy, laugh at someone elses expense and maybe learn something!

Closed Thread