It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

JaneWhite HB User
Ejaculation & Life Span

My boyfriend picked up a book called The Multi-Orgasmic Man: Sexual Secrets Every Man Should Know by Mantak Chia & Douglas Abrams.

The book argues that the more a man ejaculates the shorter his lifespan will be. Which is an unheard of idea (at least in the West). . .however, it does point to a few studies which support the assertion.

Does anyone know of any studies that support or refute that?

Thank you.

~ Jane

Old 06-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User
Re: Ejaculation & Life Span

I don't know of any studies to support this, but I have ejaculated an awful lot in my life and I will soon be 76!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

I don't know about them dying sooner, but I know they say the more often it is, without a chance to properly rebuild 'storage' there's a lot less of them. It sounds as if they are saying these sperm may be weaker??? and therefore, die sooner. I've never heard that one before.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
(male)

Wzs99 HB User

I have read that book. What its actually sayings is that mans life force is drained. The books also teaches how to avoid that using the big or cool draw.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

There is nothing logical to support this thesis. There is no more "life" to a sperm cell than there is to any other cell in the body. Sperm cells, also, are constantly being created and, if there is no ejaculation, destroyed by the man's own bodily defenses.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
(male)

heymonkey HB User

to be frank, that's one the stupidist things i have ever heard .

Old 06-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Me, I think I would rather ejaculate often, and die young, than ejaculate less, and live a longer, but less fun filled life. But then, there is not a shred of evidence that men who ejaculate more often die younger.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
(male)

Wzs99 HB User

I think people got it confused. It doesnt mean that a mans life span will shorten if he ejaculates. It takes alot of raw energy and resource for the body to reproduce sperm. By constantly ejaculating it becomes taxing on the system. Even excessive ejaculation will only cause complications to the sexual organs but will not shorten a mans life.There are healthier ways of masturbating

Old 08-19-2006, 02:55 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

I know from personal experience that it's pretty easy to get a urinary tract infection if you keep things 'running' down there for long periods of time. the constantly present fluid becomes a conduit for infection.

I've also heard the life force/ejaculation warnings from eastern medicine, Tao in particular.

The Tao also claims that people shouldn't have intercourse before age 25, and that by age 30, sexual vitality noticably starts to decline. The Tao of sex is supposed to be a lifelong practice,

but it seems ridiculous to have only five years of 'prime time', sexually speaking.

I am sure it is true in some eastern cultures, if only thru mindset.

Personally, I think that if one's physical, emotional and spiritual ( or mental if you like ) health are out of balance, that might shorten one's life.
Such balance is simply a result of healthy choices vs unhealthy choices.
Sometimes we're taught, sometimes we have to learn on our own about healthy vs unhealthy choices.

Last edited by ethera; 08-19-2006 at 02:57 AM. Reason: spelling/punctuation corrections

Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

esrun_yug HB User

If that were true, I would have died at 19!!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

KPIX HB User

I read somewhere that this has something to do with Zink retention.
Our diet does not provide enough zink, and semen is rich in zink, so every time you ejaculate, you lose some valuable zink which is essential for your health.
If you do not ejaculate for a time, then the semen is recycled and the zink recovered to be used again. Zink supplements were recommended to replenish what is lost if you ejaculate more than once ever 72 hours on a regular basis over a long period of time.

Closed Thread