HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Men (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/)
-   -   Am I normal? Question about male pubic hair (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/400608-am-i-normal-question-about-male-pubic-hair.html)

Syncmaster 06-13-2006 06:51 AM

Am I normal? Question about male pubic hair

I read that women have a different shape of pubic hair, their pubic hair has the shape of a triangle. Men are supposed to have different pubic hair. I haven't seen many pictures of naked men but whenever I see some I notice that their pubic hair looks different than mine. In my case the pubic hair also has the shape of a triangle but on those pictures all men seem to have a different shape of pubic hair. Their pubic hair is long and bushy and it doesn't have the shape of a triangle. But in my case the pube line is pretty much horizontal. I'm afraid that this is not normal. :confused:
I also have low Testosterone levels. I have also been to an urologist and he didn't say anything. If there's anything wrong with me would he have noticed it? But if men do not have a pubic triangle then why do I have a pubic triangle? :(

SpunkyStuart 06-14-2006 03:12 AM

Re: Am I normal? Question about male pubic hair

Take no notice of pictures! Often the guys are trimmed or retouched so I would take no notice.

I would think you are completely normal if you have a horizontal line defining your pubic hair, maybe later in life if you are destined to have a hairy stomach then of course your pubic region will look different as the hair all merges together.

I have seen many thousands of pics of guys and I can honestly say that I have never noticed any particular defined shape for the pubic hair, and certainly wouldnt mind either way! It seems to be a bit different on each guy. Certainly the guys who I have been with all have different shapes of pubic hair and I would expect that most guys would be differnet in some way.

Wouldnt it be boring if we were all the same?

Syncmaster 06-14-2006 04:05 AM

That's true. :)

NitroChic 06-14-2006 04:25 AM

Besides..you can shape it anyway you want!!

Renn 06-17-2006 10:14 PM

Based on what I've seen in locker rooms & elsewhere, I don't think there's any kind of regular pattern for male pubic hair, either for amount or "shape." A big guy that has a hairy look in general may not have much pubic hair, and a guy that seems to have very little body hair in general may have a big tangled mass in that particular area, in their crotch and up practically to their navel. There's no reliable way of predicting so far as I know, and no such thing as "normal" or "abnormal" shape. So there's certainly nothing wrong with yours.

mjdw 07-24-2009 07:08 AM

Do you have Kleinefelter's Syndrome? Symptoms are female pattern pubic hair growth, narrow shoulders, long legs (tall), wide hips, less muscle tone, low testosterone... look it up. Good luck.

Thin line 07-24-2009 12:17 PM

Ive had problems with pubic hair in the past also. I one day shaved it clean off and when it started to grow back I groomed and trimmed it short and have kept it short for years. It feels more comfortable especially in the summer. My wife says when you trim the brush it makes the tree look taller.

mju58 11-16-2010 12:55 PM

I've heard that too Thin Line. I try to practice the trimmed look but not too much.