It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

zefer21 HB User
Can not ejaculating cause prostate problems?

I saw somewhere that if you never ejaculate it causes prostate problems. People always like to talk about how healthy masturbating is, how if you do it more than 20 times a week it reduces your chances for gettign cancer, but is it unhealthy to not masturbate (and not ejaculate)? A lot of guys have this proud mentality about masturbating and make the jump that strait up not ejaculating is bad for you, but are there any actual articles about this, or some study somewhere to back it up?

If you don't masturbate you get a couple wet dreams but those go away. It's because your body ajusts to how sexually active you are, if you stop, you don't make as much sperm.

I've been really busy recenty and havn't masturbated in like a month, I don't get wet dreams anymore, and I don't really want to start again cause if I do and then don't masturbate I'd get wet dreams again. I went around four months about a year ago w/ no masturbation, not really thinking about it, and didn't notice any side effects, but at the same time I was having intercourse with my girlfriend every now and then. But would not ejaculating, period, have any harmful side effects?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-28-2006 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Note edit to your post. Use proper terminology. Also. please post on the proper board (thread moved) and the Special Rules sticky at the top of new board. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to zefer21 For This Useful Post:
bigron2005 (11-03-2012)
Old 06-29-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User
Re: Can not ejaculating cause prostate problems?

It's true that ejaculation is good for the prostate, but I don't know if it's also true that not ejaculating causes problems. I suppose when in doubt, ejaculate!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
(male)

Frederick1 HB User

I don't think there's any medical problem with not ejaculating. I suspect most priests don't have sex, or masturbate. They seem to be fine.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 AM   #4
(male)

riker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefer21
I saw somewhere that if you never ejaculate it causes prostate problems. People always like to talk about how healthy masturbating is, how if you do it more than 20 times a week it reduces your chances for gettign cancer, but is it unhealthy to not masturbate (and not ejaculate)? A lot of guys have this proud mentality about masturbating and make the jump that strait up not ejaculating is bad for you, but are there any actual articles about this, or some study somewhere to back it up?

If you don't masturbate you get a couple wet dreams but those go away. It's because your body ajusts to how sexually active you are, if you stop, you don't make as much sperm.

I've been really busy recenty and havn't masturbated in like a month, I don't get wet dreams anymore, and I don't really want to start again cause if I do and then don't masturbate I'd get wet dreams again. I went around four months about a year ago w/ no masturbation, not really thinking about it, and didn't notice any side effects, but at the same time I was having intercourse with my girlfriend every now and then. But would not ejaculating, period, have any harmful side effects?
I doubt if it's necessary to ejaculate 20+ times a week in order to prevent becoming unhealthy! Commonsense leads me to say that a couple of times a week is enough to discharge old semen and remain healthy.

BTW, if you're having sex with your girllfriend, its not that surprising that you're not thinking about masturbating!!!

Closed Thread