It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

randydean3 HB User
Epididimytis or underlying bacterial infection..

Hi everyone, been having an ongoing issue and I really am not sure what to think. 2 years ago I had an unkown epididimytis infection. The Dr. put me on amoxycillin for 7 days, but on day 5 or 6 I had a severe reaction to it, and broke out in large(.50 cent piece size and larger) hives. He told me to discontinue the amoxycillin, which of course I did, and not to take anything with Penecillin ever again. I asked him if I needed to be put on anything else to clear up the epididimytis and he said no, that it should be cleared up. Well I went back to him in about 2 weeks, beacuse I simply did not feel like I was/ had gotten better, fatigued, no energy, just not back to normal. He told me I would, just takes time, etc.. So I believed him and went on.

But I have since been on antibiotics twice for sinus infection(the last time 2 weeks ago), and the same exact thing happens I feel like my old self when on the antibiotics, color and tone of skin improves, no headaches when i wake up, and I have energy actually do things, instead of feeling tired all the time. It is like night and day, such a dramatic change. So my questions are do I still have a bacterial infection in my body that responds to the antibiotics when I am taking them, and how do I find out what it is to find out how to get rid of it? And how long should I take the antibiotics for?
And, since I have been on antibiotics 2 x's since the initial infection, has it, or will it have gotten some resistance to the antibiotics (cipro the 1st time, and Biaxin this time). And is that why I have been having sinus trouble more than usual due to this other persistant infection? The Dr. ran a few tests last time I went in for Hep, liver function, thyroid, etc.. but all that came back normal. I really think this is the problem, but I would like some help if anyone knows what I should do. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread