It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

gisella HB User
Please Someone ...i Need Advise

When I Met My Now Husband 18 Mths Ago,it Soon Became Clear He Had A Low Sex Drive.that Didnt Bother Me Too Greatly,the Once A Week We Did It It Was Good Enough.....although He Could Never Come Inside Me And It Did Go On For Ever..9 Times Out Of 10 He Didnt Ejaculate At All...............
Told Myself Things Would Improve But They Have Got Much Worse Over The Past 7mths Or So..we Married On 20th May 06 And We Have Had Sex Twice......both Disasters
Finally We Had A Good Chat About It And This Is The Outcome.......
He Has No Sexual Desire At All.................tried Everything And Nothing Gets Him Going..............so No Erection
He Has No Sensation At The End Of His Penis And His Testicules Seem To Be Shrinking???
So What To Do?????

I Must Say He Has Become Very "hormonal " Of Late Crying At The Drop Of A Hat,keeps Getting Hot Flushs,sleeps For England, A Little Irritable And Reminds Me Of Me When I Had Pmt!!!

Other Than That No Other Health Problems,fit And Well............no Money Worries Life Could Be Perfect.............
But This Sex Thing Is Tearing Us Apart,he Feels Useless And I Feel Like The Ugliest Woman In The World........
I Am Clinging On To, That Its A Low Level Of Testosterone ,only Because Of Symptoms And The Fact That Hubby Is Small In Stature Has A Unusally High Voise And Quite Feminine (that Has Always Been The Case).
He Promises Me He Will Go To The Doctor As Soon As We Have Moved In A Month..............but Would Welcome Any Advise............please Tell Me Ther Is Such A Thing As The Male Menopause And Im Not Being A Plonker!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Please Someone ...i Need Advise

You dont mention your husbands age. There is a male menopause usually called andropause. But really its possible to have hormonal problems at any age. I think he should definitely get checked for hormones and it should be a full workup including at least : Total testosterone, Free testosterone, Estrodial, prolactin, TSH, LH, FSH.

From what you describe to me he could either be low on testosterone or high in estrodial. Either one can cause the problems you describe. Does he have nocturnal erections? If not thats another sign something could be hormonally wrong. One of the worst things about having low hormones is sometimes you dont even care to try to fix it because you have no "desire" to fix it. Remind him you have no sex life if he doesnt so he must get checked for your sake if nothing else.

If his testicles are really shrinking then it could mean is LH is very low or 0. LH tells the testicles to make testosterone and comes from the pituitary. If there is no or very low LH the testicles will stop working and begin to atrophy (shrink). His testosterone would be very low. Low T can also cause bone loss amoung many other serious problems. HCG can be injected with an insulin syringe to stimulate the testicles if your LH is low. HCG is almost identical to LH. If he gets this resolved he may feel much better in general in addition to having his libido back.

If he gets labwork done and you want to post a copy of the results here myself and many others may be able to comment further. Best of luck.

Last edited by hayfarmer; 06-30-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
(female)

gisella HB User

Thankyou Hayfarmer,
It Certainly Sounds Hormonal Dosnt It..............
Two Points My Husband Is 46 Years Old And No To The Nocturnal Or Early Morning Erections.................think That May Clinche It..... As Soon As We Have Been To Doctor And They Give Him The Tests He Needs I Will Get Back To You.thankyou Again.............feel A Little Better Now That It Wont Always Be Like This

Old 06-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
(female)

gisella HB User

Sorry One More Symptom That I Forgot To Mention Is ..............no Feeling In The Tip Of His Penis Where It Should And Was Before, Very Sensitive.....just Has No Feeling There At All???????

Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

There is the possibility of some nerve damage unrelated to hormones but most likely the lack of sensitivity is also due to hormones being off. I suffered with hormone problems for a couple years before realizing something was wrong physically and getting help. I can tell you if his T is too low or his Estrodial (also called E2) is high or too low then it will markedly reduce the sensitivity in the penis to the point where it is very difficult to orgasm.

He's not taking any anabolic steroids to gain muscle right? That will also cause the testicles to shrink because the pituitary thinks there is plenty of T so stops send LH. I have no idea what that does to your libido though.

Last edited by hayfarmer; 06-30-2006 at 11:39 AM.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
(female)

gisella HB User

HI AGAIN,
NO DEFINATLY NOT TAKING anabolic steroids OR ANY OTHER MEDICATION..

HE HASNT ENOUGH ENERGY TO FINISH A ROUND OF GOLF LET ALONE WORK OUT LOL....

THANKS AGAIN AND I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

By the way, low energy level is also a symptom of low testosterone.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

He cleary needs to be seen by a doctor, possibly an endocrinologist . There could be more than just hormonal problems at play, too. I would urge him to get in ASAP.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:43 AM   #9
(female)

gisella HB User

Thanks To Have Replied And He Is Going To Doctors Monday Morning!!!! Took Showing Him The Answers I Had To My Original Question To Get The Wheels In Motion................will Let You Know How We Get On !!!!

Old 07-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

Since you are from England, you may also want to have his iron levels checked to rule out hemochromatosis which can cause pituitary problems and low testosterone. Maybe he already know's he does not have this but if not, it is common in Ireland and England I believe. Check iron, ferritin, saturation and TIBC or get the genetic test for it. I dont know your insurance situation there but be careful. In America if you have hemochromatosis you become uninsurable.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:20 AM   #11
(female)

gisella HB User

ok back from the doctors who is almost certain it is indeed low testosterone.
he has ordered full blood tests and a cardiogramm............for tomorrow.............

he asked randomly if he has become sun intolerant???? he most certainly has is this relevent???

Old 07-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

well, your doctor has my curiosity up. Please let me know if you find out what that question is about.

It is possible to have low T due to a lack of vitamin D. The most common way to get vitamin D from exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D is really not a vitamin but is a hormone and is a building block for many other hormones in the body so if you are low in it you can be low on other hormones. But this doesnt explain why you would become sun intolerant. If you were sun intolerant though, it might explain having low T.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #13
(female)

gisella HB User

Doctor wants to see us both when the blood work comes back from the hospital..Very slow cogs working at that end!!!!
When i get there i will ask about the sun intolerance and anything else i can think off and let you know...Thankyou again for listening to me..............Husband wont talk about it and if i were honest talking to him is like treading on eggshells!!!!....

Old 07-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

I also suggest getting copies of your husbands labwork. You can then take it to other doctors if you choose to and/or post here or elsewhere. There tends to be a lot of poor treatment in the area of low testosterone which is why I make this suggestion. I was a victim of poor treatment for several years. Thats one reason I like to answer questions here.....to prevent what happened to me from happening to others.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #15
(female)

gisella HB User

Ok will take that on board.............Believe it or not(never known them to be this quick) he has to phone the surgery tomorrow after 2pm to get results so will get back to you...........With what the have found...................

Closed Thread