It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

Cabey HB User
When a Frenuloplasty doesn't work, time for circumcision (my experiences)

It seems the search function is disabled for the moment so i'm not 100% this is the right forum but i'm sure it can be moved at a later date.

I figured i'd create a thread with my experiences of going through a circumcision, I have previously had a frenuloplasty and tried the standard stretches recommended by this board, unfortunately without major success.

Day 1 (the surgery)
My operation was done under general anesthetic, took around 40 minutes, no pain encountered after the surgery but some slight discomfort from the stiches rubbing against the bandages. I was provided pain killers (Panadene Forte) to take should I need them but didn't use any the day of the surgery. Because the wound was still bandages up it didn't cause me much grief trying to sleep that night.

Day 2
I was instructed to take the bandages off after around 24 hours whilst having a shower and then to clean the wound with warm/soapy water. Whilst removing the bandages there was some slight discomfort however I would not consider it painful (maybe it was because I didn't know what to expect with the Frenuloplasty but I found those bandages to be more uncomfortable/unnerving), the wound looked quite swolen with some bleeding on the underside. That night I took a Panadine Forte to take my mind off the stiches rubbing with my briefs.

Day 3 -> 5 (today)
Nothing much to report, havn't required any further pain relief and the only discomfort felt is the stitches rubbing against clothing. Some purple bruising has come up on the underside towards the top of the shaft and the bottom of the head, this is all still quite swolen. The head is quite dry and some white (dead skin?) present, this is cleaned each day with warm/soapy water in the shower. I was not advised to redress the wound by my surgeon.

I will try and keep a running tally in here of my progress as I know reading other peoples experiences gave me an idea of what to expect. So far I am happy with the proceedure and will be glad to get backing to 'normal' :P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: When a Frenuloplasty doesn't work, time for circumcision (my experiences)

Why was the frenuloplasty unsuccessful?

Old 07-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
(male)

texascritter HB User

I had the procedure about 9 months ago. I never had any real pain with it at all. The only complaint i have is i now have no feeling in the head at all and sex has become just to give my partner pleasure. I hear it affects everyone differently. Hopefully your will turn out to be one of the good ones. My surgeon says it takes awile for the head to toughen up which turned out to be correct. The head has been protected all these years and isn't used to direct contact with clothing. That took me about two months before it was'nt as sensative as at first. All my senation went with it though. My surgeon said that I should get the feeling back within a year. I hope so. Good luck to you and I hope your turns into a new toy to explore and have fun with.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
(male)

Cabey HB User

Day 6/7
Well it's the start of a new week and i've had to go back to work, feeling much better for it. Things are still plodding along without any major concerns, the swelling on the underside has gone down slightly however there is still some purple bruising (which isnt sore to touch) on the head.

The head is particular is quite dry and i'm still seeing dead skin, not alot of sensation in the head and it is quite coarse so i'm hoping that will come back. I'm guessing there won't be much else to report until the stitches start coming out, hopefully in a weeks time. Thanks for the support, I hope it all works out for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124
Why was the frenuloplasty unsuccessful?
Initially I had a tight frenulum which would not allow me to expose the head, I could only get about half way without it pulling and becoming uncomfortable. After the frenuloplasty this problem was for the most part resolved however I then experiences phimosis which again caused strain and discomfort. There was about a year gap between the frenuloplasty and my recent circumcision and I tried stretching and using cream during this period.

Last edited by Cabey; 07-03-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:32 AM   #5
(male)

riker HB User

Tighter underwear can help prevent unwanted movement and friction meaning less soreness. Especially useful if you're walking around a lot.

Closed Thread