It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
(male)

Mr Kennedy HB User
I'm soon to become sexually active, but am concerned about my appearance.

Hey there Health Boards.

I'm in my first serious relationship and me and my partner have discussed sex, I have never had sex before. I am a little nervous about it though because of the appearance of my penis. Now, before you think otherwise, it is not the length of my penis i'm concerned about. There's quite a lot of things I am quite confused about, with regards to my penis' appearance.

I am uncircumsized. I have what seems like hundreds of little white spots covering my scrotum, and they are on the back of my penis and I have some on the front. The ones on my penis are more visible when my penis is erect. Some of them look like pimples you could squeeze, other ones have a wart-like appearance (these are towards the bottom of my penis) and some of them have tiny hairs coming out of them. What are these spots I have? Is it possible they could be an infection; even though I have never had sex? I have only had oral sex performed on me.

Another thing on my penis is on the back (side facing away from my stomach) is a brown streak which is the length of my penis, up to the top of my foreskin. It kind of looks like a birthmark, and is a darker colour than any other part of my skin on my body. What could this be?

And lastly, about 2 CM's from the top of my foreskin, I have a mark on my skin, which comes off my foreskin, which is very thin and about 2CM in length and joins up with the brown mark I was referring to earlier. I have done some research over this and the closest thing I could find to what it could be is a 'raphe'; can anybody shed any light on this?

I shower everyday and I pull back my foreskin for the entire duration of shower and wash my penis thoroughly.

Thanks in advance,
Mr. Kennedy.

Last edited by Mr Kennedy; 07-09-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
Re: I'm soon to become sexually active, but am concerned about my appearance.

The spots are sebaceous glands and hair foliciles. They are totally normal, every adult human has them on their genitals, although like the sebaceous glands on your face and back, they can become blocked and develop into pimples and blackheads.
The line you describe is the raphe. It comes from when you were an embryo in the womb, from before you started to develop into a male and had features of both sexes. The raphe is where the vaginal opening was that has closed up as your male genitalia grew.
I can't really work out what you are talking about 2 cms from the end of your foreskin & joining to the raphe. Unless you mean when retracted and are describing the frenulum, the attachment under your pee hole, meatus, that helps keep the foreskin forward when you are not erect.
It's great that you can retract and clean easily. As long as you have no pain retracting when erect you have a fully functional, normal penis.
Enjoy it. I am circumcised and very envious.
Hope that helps,
Geoff

Last edited by Geoff B; 07-09-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User
Re: I'm soon to become sexually active, but am concerned about my appearance.

If as you say, this is a serious relationship, I'll bet she won't show any concern about the appearance of your penis, she cares for you, your penis comes along as a bonus.

Last edited by mrbojangle; 07-10-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Closed Thread