It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
(male)

Accatoni HB User
Lightbulb Update on my horomone levels. Specifically estrogen.

Hey there,

If any of you read my post which I believe is on page two now regarding info I recieved on horomones and the super chiropractor I am seeing along with my family doc, I have an update and need more advice. I went to my doc and drew some blood to check my estradiol and estrogen total serum and have the numbers now. According to the chiro's paperwork which shows optimal range and a website which gave values using the same measurement, I am above the optimal range for estrogen. Both his paperwork and the website are an exact match.

Estradiol- range 0-44 pg/mL Mine: 39.4

Estrogen total serum- range 130 pg/mL or less Mine: 129

Optimal range is said to be 10-30 pg/mL for men.

Total serum is boarderline for me. Now if I wasn't taking 5mg of Androgel per day would my estrogen be lower or higher?

I have yet to show the chiropractor these results as my doctor did not call me or even tell me the results came in on 6/30. I haven't even discussed any of this with her yet. Any advice out there?

Regards,

Accatoni

Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Update on my horomone levels. Specifically estrogen.

With E2 that high you are probably starting to grow boobs now.

With your "T" that low I doubt that any "T" is being converted to E2. So it is probably naturally high. I am one of those that always has high E2 & low "T" from puberty. I am 47xxy/xy

Most guys that use Androgel feel good for a few weeks then go back the the old run-down feeling. That is because the testicles shut down production of testosterone after the body sees more testosteron. The first few weeks they produced & the Androgel supplied even more.

AG is very expensive, about $250 to $300 per month.

Higher doses of Testosterone Cypt by self injection is about $20 per month.

The doc can write a script for 200mg/ml. I get a 10ml vial for about $60 from an internet site here in the states. It lasts for almost 4 months at 100mg or .5cc per week.

If you are wanting children look into useing HCG to try to make your testicles produce more naturally.

Last edited by JinL; 07-17-2006 at 12:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
(male)

Accatoni HB User
Lightbulb Re: Update on my horomone levels. Specifically estrogen.

Hey there,

Thanks for the advice. It's finally starting to sink in that I need to study up on and switch to HCG and find a doc who is worth something when it comes to my health. When I picked up my estrogen results, I had to take it to her office and say what in God's name is going on. Nobody called me. So when I "called" them on that I got an "It's been mailed out today." How convienent. Her handwritten note on the mailed results just said 139 out of 140. High normal. What would she have done if it came back just three points higher and out of range?

I have been tested for Kleinfelter's. I keep hoping something after all these years would be abnormal for some odd reason but the chromosone test was normal.

I didn't start puberty except for a growth spurt until 17 years old and I'm now 28. With low T and high estrogen would that have, over my whole life and including up until now have affected my testicular.....well my genital size in general and in addition to having body compisition such as belly and side abdominal fat/non muscular breast tissue and a thin frame? So many questions and not enough time on public computers.

Kind regards,

Accatoni

Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Update on my horomone levels. Specifically estrogen.

If you are on androgel that is probably accounting for the high estrogen levels. There are various ways to reduce it. You can try taking zinc or Nature's way brand DIM plus. There are several prescription drugs like arimidex, and as JinL said you could switch to T injections which might help. Another option might be to get a prescription for a compounded T cream which is much higher concentration than androgel. So you use only a small quantity per day. I have heard reducing the amount of skin necessary to rub the product into will help reduce aromitization which is what is causing the E2 to be too high.

Closed Thread