It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

robroy777888 HB User
foreskin is loose but still tight....

a while ago i couldnt even pull my foreskin over the head, but read about stretching and that helped
if i pull it right down, then put my thumbs at the bottom of the head, then pull the foreskin back up over my thumbs (this is how i did the stretching) i can feel a ring which i'm sure is still making things tight, I can feel it if I move the foreskin back and forward over the head when erect like a sort of grinding
so what is this 'ring' , is it just tight skin and it feels like something more severe because the head is so sensitive ?, or is it like a bone type thing that cant be stretched ?

any help appreciated

edit - just want to add that i cant actually pull the foreskin RIGHT past the head and sometimes it does get stuck, ...i'm hoping i just need to do stretching again as anything like this at the doctor will be a nightmare!

Last edited by robroy777888; 08-12-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User
Re: foreskin is loose but still tight....

Robroy, what you have is called phimosis. The "ring" you describe is a muscle that exists at the end of a normal foreskin but in your case it is very short and quite rigid. It is not a "bone thing"

Although stretching works for some guys (and it sounds like you have had some success with it already) for some it does not completely solve the problem. Repeated stretching or over-zealous sexual activity may lead to tears developing in the foreskin which, when healed, may cause it to become even tighter.

Being able to retract ones foreskin on a daily basis is very important in maintaining proper penile hygiene. For guys who have normal foreskins, this is a very easy process, but I am sure that because it is so difficult for you, you probably don't do it nearly as often as you should. Behind what is called the corona of the glans, there is a groove into which smegma can be deposited. Smegma is a combination of dead skin cells and mucous that your inner foreskin naturally secretes and is in itself harmless. But when it is allowed to remain on you penis for prolonged periods, it can become infected causing you more serious problems. It also smells quite unpleasant and can be offputting to a sexual partner.

For someone in your situation, circumcision would be a one-off, permanant solution to the problem. It is not a disaster as many on the Internet like to describe it. Millions of men live very happily without their foreskins and as yours is abnormal, I would say you (and your sexual partners) would certainly benefit from its removal.

By all means, continue with the stretching, but be aware that there is an alternative which would fix your probelm forever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
(male)

robroy777888 HB User

thanks for the info...
dont think i explained it too well though, i can pull the foreskin alll the way down past the head when not erect, and JUST past the head when erect, although it feels a little uncomfortable when erect, so i can wash it when in the showeretc

will start the stretching again, i'm just glad the 'muscle' (which i called a ring) is normal

Last edited by robroy777888; 08-13-2006 at 12:21 AM.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhoneycut
For someone in your situation, circumcision would be a one-off, permanant solution to the problem. It is not a disaster as many on the Internet like to describe it. Millions of men live very happily without their foreskins and as yours is abnormal, I would say you (and your sexual partners) would certainly benefit from its removal.

By all means, continue with the stretching, but be aware that there is an alternative which would fix your probelm forever.
And fix you for ever with a penis that had lost a hefty amount of its nerve endings, and exposed the glans so it desensitises.

Millions may live without a foreskin, but how many actually had a choice in the matter? You at least have a choice, although I would personally climb everest naked to avoid it if I could.

Yes your foreskin might be tight, probably at the ring of skin that is at the end when your skin is fully covering your glans, but is also where a lot of the nerve endings are! So it is well worth keeping, and trying to loosen by whatever means you can. A dorsal slit may be a solution here rather than a circumcision (see - I am not totally against surgery to help things!!)

Just keep going with the stretching, dont worry about smegma etc, it will naturally go away and even if it doesnt it wont hurt you, and actually doesent smell bad at all!

Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

In another thread, now closed, you asked where you could get the cream. It is for sale out there under the following name as I recentl;y posted as an answer in another thread:

"Betamethasone ointment can be bought on the internet, I have done so for a friend who had a tight foreskin. It is sold under various names, but betamethasone dipropionate cream USP came in a 16g tube. My mate used it and reported back some good results.

However I would warn that you are buying prescription drugs without a prescription so buyer beware!"

Old 08-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User

Caphoneycut is right. I experienced what he warned about. If you continue stretching and little tears result, as they heal they will become fibrous and will make the phimosis worse. I opted for a minimal cut and insisted the urologist remove only the ring. Reluctantly he did and by now the foreskin has stretched to again completely cover the glans. If you go that way, insist that the doc do what you want - not what he wants. Pain for me was minimal and never regretted my decision. Good luck

Closed Thread