It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
(male)

Bordism HB User
Frenulum Breve / Tight Foreskin?

Hi there, i'm 17 and a few months ago i realised i have tight foreskin. when flaccid it comes back fine yet when i pull the skin down the shaft the head of my penis almost bends over because of my frenulum, does this mean its short? And when erect i cannot pull my foreskin past my head, i can get it about half way down the head of my penis yet its very tight and i almost have a ring type thing on my foreskin at the end? Basically im just wondering if you guys do think i have a frenulum breve and tight foreskin, and if you recommend me going to the doctors?! I'm very concerned about the doctors part! Has anyone else had both? will i be in alot of pain? And will i beable to have a circumcision and the frenulum thing done at the same time?
Any information will be a big help!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
Re: Frenulum Breve / Tight Foreskin?

Sounds like you do have a short frenulum and probably phimosis as well. Try my stretching instructions, a sticky near the top of the mens health board. You should be able to stretch the opening and may also be able to stretch the frenulum if you use the appropiate stretching methods. Frenulums are sometimes harder to stretch than the opening and if that is the case for you then you can have a frenuloplasty. This lengthens the frenulum without removing any tissue and heals up in a week or so. Circumcision is a last resort and even then you can elect to have just the tight bit removed and the frenulum lengthened. Recovery time from a circumcision can be months. Swelling and sensitivity often last for a long time after the actual wound has healed.
So good luck with stretching and get back with any questions.
Geoff

Last edited by Geoff B; 08-15-2006 at 05:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

The frenulum is designed to pull the glans if you move the foreskin too far back, it is all about how men get the urge to orgasam. Dont get caught up in this as a big issue, as it should be possible to retract the foreskin so the glans is exposed, and the inner foreskin is mostly all the way back but no more, then the glans should not be forcing the glans down at a big angle. It may be that you may need to stretch your frenulum a bit but it depends on the extrems of the problem.

Likewise the foreskin is made to accomodate the increase in penis length when errect, and may not cover your glans when you are errect. If, as it sounds you have no problem retracting your foreskin, and it can go back over your glans without distorting your glans into an hourglass figure while this is happening, then I would think you have a very normal penis and foreskin. In lots of men the foreskin will hug the glans as it goes back, in some men it may be more baggy, but it is horses for courses and we are all different.

I would strongly suggest against any form of surgery until you are sure that you need it - and it certainly doent sound like you do. Ignoring the recovery time, scarring and brusing, just think of how much less sensation you would have if you loose your foreskin!

Old 08-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
(male)

Bordism HB User

Thanks for the replies. I just realised that even when i pull my foreskin back when flaccid so its just over the head and not pulled down the shaft, the frenulum is so short its even bending my head then!
I'm confused at what the frenulum actually does i cant see how it gives you the orgasm? maybe i read the above poster wrong. what if the Z thing doesnt work? can they remove it completely?
I think im going to pluck up the guts and go to the doctors asap. i will let you know how i get on.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

If you go to a doctor, even in England, some are very ignorant about stretching and tend to go for circumcision. So don't accept this as a first option unless you really want to lose it for masturbation and the extra gliding lubrication effect it gives during intercourse. I would estimate that you would be out of sexual action for at least two months after circumcision and some posters experience swelling and difficulties with the newly exposed, overly sensitive glans for much longer than that. By contrast most guys get a functioning foreskin from stretching in a couple of months or less. If you go, ask for Betamethasone ointment to help stretch and don't be fobbed off with Hydrocortisone. Some doctors are worried about prescribing the stronger form of cortisone because in other applications it is better to keep it in reserve and avoid side effects. However in foreskin stretching the main side effect, thinning of the skin, is what helps make the stretching faster. You just use a very tiny smear on just the tight part and it speeds up the stretching process. It won't do anything without the stretching.
If a frenuloplasty is necessary recovery time is more like a week or two. If it doesn't work the frenulum can be cut but that means your foreskin won't come forward again as easily when your penis is flaccid and you may experience uncomfortable rubbing on your glans. The movement of the frenulum is believed by some scientists to be strongly involved in the mechanism of how intact men reach organism but since circumcised men and men who have torn their frenulum also reach orgasm it's not absolutely essential.
Geoff

Last edited by Geoff B; 08-15-2006 at 03:15 PM.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Betamethasone ointment can be bought on the internet, I have done so for a friend who had a tight foreskin. It is sold under various names, but betamethasone dipropionate cream USP came in a 16g tube. My mate used it and reported back some good results.

However I would warn that you are buying prescription drugs without a prescription so buyer beware!

Old 08-17-2006, 03:54 AM   #7

iaskubartender HB User

I have been in the same position as you have.
Around 5 years ago I noticed that my foreskin was starting to become tight and I couldnít retract it as far as I had before. Within 4-6 months I couldnít retract it at all. Around a year after this I was showering and some how pulled the foreskin back all the way, this cause immense pain and I had to go to the hospital that night. In the end I had to be circumcised.
My advice to you would be to go to your doctors, this will make life a lot easier in the long run.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Sounds like you had a yeast infection which went untreated for a long time.
This is not the original poster's problem.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
(male)

beftekkel HB User

ive got EXACTLY the same thing as you, im 19 years old and i dont know what to do.

i went to the doctor though, he presribed me a tube with cream im not sure what it is.. i used it without stretching and thought it didnt work and i didnt come back

2 years later i did come back, this time there was another doctor he said my frenulum was normal but he was doubting about my foreskin

he left the choice to me, i was kinda disappointed but i would go for the stretching. he said it was okay.
now im totally into this stretching and im gaining slow progress. im working on it for a month now and im pulling quite hard. i think too hard maybe
however the frenulum is still a problem, im definitely sure its too short.
im having the same thing if you retract my foreskin it bends over a lot.
also the foreskin is too tight, i can get it half way down just like him
but when im flaccid i can get it over without any complications

Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Have you tried stretching the frenulum by pulling the under edge of your foreskin forward as suggested in my instructions; a sticky near the beginning of the Men's Health board? The cream has to be used in conjunction with the stretching. It does nothing on its own but speeds up the process when you do the exercises. Put a tiny bit on just the tight bits ONLY. Avoid getting it on your glans as much as you can.

Closed Thread