It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
(male)

zodiac7 HB User
Unhappy age 20 with dying erection.. help!

Hey guys... I've sorta been reading this forum on and off the past few days or so, and I've seen a lot of helpful advice given by understanding people. So, I thought I'd join the list and see if anyone could give me some insight on my problem.

The "problem" has surfaced rather recently, I started dating my girlfriend a few months ago, and at the time, remember having excellent libido. About a month and a half into the relationship, we became sexually active and I think it's possible that we kind of overdid it.

I started not feeling too great right before we really got down to having sex, as if my hormones were going out of whack (morning erections went away and all).... so the first time we had sex, it was fairly unpleasant. Then, she went on a two-week vacation, and when she came back, we went crazy. :P [Technically speaking, not really 'crazy' at all, just something like 4 sessions in 1.5 days' time... which isn't that much at all for someone my age.] During those two weeks of her absence, I seemed to get better. My morning erections returned slowly, but it was as if it had absolutely -nothing- to do with the fact that she was gone and I wasn't having sex. I was still masturbating regularly, and noticed the change slowly happening on its own... as if it was a hormonal cycle or something.

A few days after we went crazy, things started going downhill again; once again, almost on their own. We were hanging out a lot, but didn't have much chance to have sex... yet, my libido was still going down. At this time, I tried taking some herbal supplements (namely, "Cobra"), which seemed to make things slightly better. Over time, they did get better again, but have once again plumetted completely within these past two days. My morning erections are gone completely right now, and even though literally three days ago, I felt like a raging beast at night with her, erection-wise, the next night, I was literally dead (erection and libido-wise). I got tiny 'CRAMPS' in my left foot any time I was looking at something really erotic and my penis was trying really hard to get 100% erect.

I had my T-levels checked out a week or two ago, only to get:

==================
Total Testosterone - 595 ng/dL (fitting in the 400-1080 category just fine?)
Free Testosterone - 121.4 pg/mL (reference ranges say "47.0-244.0")
% Free Testosterone - 2.0% (ref. ranges say "1.6%-2.9%")
SHBG - 30 nmol/L (ref. ranges say "11-80")
==================

But even though the doc noted that those were all normal (are they, in your experience?), at the time they were taken, I was in one of my periods of just starting to feel better. Maybe I should have another one taken right now, when I'm at my worst...

Anyway, sorry for such a long post. If my problem is truly cyclic, I've only seen one other person with such a dilemma on this forum (and obviously, the urologists are puzzled like none other). It just feels like I don't have the energy that I used to, overall. OH... and if it makes any difference, I've been taking a whey protein supplement that has amino acids in it (as well as a decently-high-protein-intake diet) for a good year and a half non-stop now. I don't smoke, I take a multivitamin every day, and eat very healthy... so I'm in good shape there.

ANY suggestions, anyone???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
(male)

ddh33 HB User
Re: age 20 with dying erection.. help!

I'm A cycling guy. Jamie just joined us..Well I wouldn't say welcome but we're pretty much in the same boat. If you can, check out my long long post, go to the last 2 pages...are you suffering from the mental aspect that justdave4now described?

Check your Estradiol and see what it's like. I'm brainstorming a new theory (lol) that high or volatile levels of E cause cycling problems in young guys...I mean the HPT axis feedback mechanism isn't totally clear. It could be. I wish there were a way I could get my T/E levels checked ed without losing blood.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
(male)

zodiac7 HB User

I've actually been reading your post quite a lot... heh. Very interesting/troublesome stuff... I'll keep reading as the posts roll in. Thanks for the welcome, too, I guess.

It really just feels like a deficiency for me.. at some times... but I dunno what hormone it might be, exactly. FSH? LH? Is that even possible for a 20 year old male? Maybe my pituitary is out of whack. I suppose I'll keep Estradiol in mind... I need a list or something of things to check, so I can go in and get my blood drawn again and have a bunch of levels taken at once. Well... maybe someone can start by telling me if those levels I got above--^ are actually normal or not.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
(male)

worriedguy2005 HB User

I went through the same thing when I was around 22-23 (im 24 now).

I was slightly depressed due to being unhappy with my life, and NEVER EVEN REALIZED IT.

As soon as got close to finishing up some schooling I was doing, and realizing I was moving forward, my outlook changed.

What also helped was starting to work out 4-5 days a week and eating better, drinking more water, taking vitamins.

Things are better now than I think they have EVER been.

ps: you can never overdo 'it' haha. I once went 5 times in a night, aside from a sore pc muscle, i was fine a day or so later lol

Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
(male)

zodiac7 HB User

I'm glad your problem went away on its own like that...

Some of us don't seem to be so lucky. I work out very often... every two days, essentially. I do drink plenty of water.. and high-protein shakes. If anything, my vitamins are 'time-released'... maybe that's why I don't really "feel" them right away when they're digested(?) But somehow I don't think they're part of the issue anyway.

To add to that, I have very good mental control... I can completely forget my worries when I'm in the bedroom.. and I am very good at thinking arousing thoughts even in situations when they're not required. I have no performance anxiety either, mainly due to the fact that I have a loving, caring girlfriend. For me, knowing that she understands and doesn't hold it against me whatsoever when things like this happen.. is enough reassurance for me such that I never actually have to worry about it (we all know 'worrying' can only hurt an erection :P). This 'cycling' problem always catches me by surprise.. and causes me tons of stress after the fact. ;(

My libido is, of course, affected on these periods of feeling 'off'. Things that usually would excite me don't nearly do the job as well and as quickly... whereas when I'm at my best, I can look at a girl in a skirt and get a hard-on. It's just ridiculous.. and makes me think even more that hormones are to blame. But which ones?!

Last edited by zodiac7; 08-18-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
(male)

zodiac7 HB User

.... *bump* ;(

Closed Thread