It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
(male)

plumbum HB User
Unhappy Help me please!!! lumps and bumpson my penis

Hi everyone
i am a newbie to this
I have being reading this board for a few hours know and i have seen simialr symptons. i have lumps on my shaft of my penis which are very small like 2 mm and white i also have them on my scrotum but harder to see.They dont hurt and are not irritiaitng. i am worried about them as initail i thought they may be warts but know i am not sure wheater they are as pictures of warts look so much bigger and are different shapes. i have looked at pics on the net and they look fordyces spots or pearly penils pauples. i know the best solution is going to GUM clinic to get it sortred.
can any one give me advice? or

thanks
plumbum

Last edited by moderator2; 09-01-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: not allowed to post pictures or websites as per the posting rules

Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 AM   #2
(male)

harrih HB User
Re: Help me please!!! lumps and bumpson my penis

yer sound like pearly penils pauples (or sebaceous glands hair glands). these are completely harmless my friend and i believe 33% of men have them so its very common. there is no need to get this "sorted out" dont worry girls wont care if you have or dont have them, neither souhld you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
(male)

plumbum HB User

Thanks for that message i am pretty sure they are Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands now as i have seen more detailed pictures. I cant believe how common this is in men 33%. but it is the most mistaken for warts in its early stages apprently.
thanks for your support
plumbum

Old 09-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Hair follicles and sebaceous glands are on 100% of sexually mature males (and females). Pearly Penile Papules are the ones on 33% of males, though less noticable on circumcised penises.
Geoff

Old 09-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
(male)

Oceandivvr HB User

Sit back guys, if you have this it's scary, but it is treatable, - that is, if it is the same thing I had a few years ago.

First of all, have you been having unprotected sex - at anytime in the past one to four years? The answer should be "yes." If so, then you may have what are known as "Genital Warts." Mine were small, white, and hard, almost like small cysts just under the skin. I tried to cut one of them out - DON'T DO AS I DID - GOD IT HURT !!!!:eek. I finally went to my friendly doctor. First, he wanted to know if I was having unprotected sex - "You better believe it" - I said, like a man! Then he informed me about the warts. They are an STD and could have been picked up as far back as 10+ years ago but, more than likely, in the past few years. I had been and still was living with my girlfriend (4 years) and didn't know of anything she might have so that left the field open, just a little.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, my girlfriend began losing weight and was disturbed that she was becoming too thin. She was also not feeling well so she went to her doctor. After some blood work, they found that she was HIV positive. So, upon hearing that, it was a very good possibility that I had contracted the warts from her (she admited to previously being a lot more promiscuous than me). Anyway, she went on a cocktail of drugs for her HIV. She continued to lose weight and finally stabalized. That was 10 years ago and she is still alive and kicking. We remained together for 4 years after that and finally split up when my work took me out of state permanently. God I miss that woman - sorry, have not thought about her in a while.

Back to the warts, - the doctor gave me a white ointment that I had to dab on the warts in the morning and in the evening - it's been so long that I don't remember the name of the stuff (prescription). It worked, they went away. However, they came back three times!!! Let me tell you, - I was about to scream. Then, one day they just went away and I have not had them since. That was over 6 years ago !!! Now, the doctor did warn me that they can re-occur at any time. My job is very stressful on a daily basis and I think that if they were going to return, they would have done so by now, as a result of the stress?

Go see the doctor - he should know right away. Yeah, it's a little embarassing but not as embarassing as telling wifey-poo or the girlfriend what you have, - and maybe losing her.

Paul

Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
(male)

Oceandivvr HB User

[QUOTE=plumbum]Hi everyone
i am a newbie to this
I have being reading this board for a few hours know and i have seen simialr symptons. i have lumps on my shaft of my penis which are very small like 2 mm and white i also have them on my scrotum but harder to see.They dont hurt and are not irritiaitng. i am worried about them as initail i thought they may be warts but know i am not sure wheater they are as pictures of warts look so much bigger and are different shapes. i have looked at pics on the net and they look fordyces spots or pearly penils pauples. i know the best solution is going to GUM clinic to get it sortred.
can any one give me advice? or

thanks
plumbum

Genital warts - see Oceandivvr response

Closed Thread