It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 05:03 AM   #1
(male)

placekicker HB User
Sensitivity

i was just thinking.....has any one ever tried to put some type of Icy Hot, Flexall, or Bengay type of product on the head of their penis and then put a condom on before having sex. I ask this as a type of cure to premature ejaculation because i know that these products having a numbing effect and since you wouldnt want the girl to feel this numb as well then the condom would block that.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: Sensitivity

these products don't have a numbing affect! There are incredients in those products that increase sensitivity to heat and are used to reduce muscle pain. THere are over-the-counter products that can de-sensitize your penis and you can purchase them from your drug store and they can be found in the aisle where the condoms and lubricants are located. But, but I would certainly stay away from the sports medicine aisle of your local pharmacy. THis is a joke: hitting it with a hammer just before intercourse would desensitize it, too, but I'm not recommending that as a solution, either. IF this is a major problem for you,I would check in with your local doctor who could advise other products. OK?

Last edited by last1; 09-19-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #3

Renn HB User

Putting a numbing product on the head of your penis before putting the condom on would be a good thing to try, all right, but as was said above, not the products you mentioned! If you put Icy Hot or Bengay on your penis head and proceeded to have sex, after about 5 thrusts you would be yanking off the condom and fleeing to the bathroom to flood your "head" with cold water! The sensitivity--of one type anyway--would be greatly increased rather than decreased. In fact, the intense heat stimulation from the friction might still trigger an ejaculation. But if it did, I don't think there would be much of an orgasm involved -- probably just a playing out of the ejaculation process by "auto pilot" reflex as you were on your way to the bathroom!

I believe that the effectiveness of the "retardant" cremes that are available at the pharmacy will vary with the individual. It's possible that an early ejaculation could still be brought on purely by the physical friction to the head, without regard to the "pleasure" sensations involved. But by all means it's worth a try--certainly no harm would be done even if it didn't work as well as hoped.

Well, actually you should try applying such a creme privately and masturbating with it, or at least just applying it with an erection, before using it in intercourse, to make sure you don't happen to have an unlikely allergic reaction to it. That's true with any "application" medication that's to be used on a sensitive, nerve-ridden area like the penis head.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

and, here's something else, I forgot to mention. The recommendation is that you DO NOT use oil based creams, lubricants, etc. These actually breakdown the condom causing it to weaken and tear thus, not only will you be screaming in pain but so will your partner. chris

Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
(male)

chancer HB User

Looks like heat is the causing factor for increasing sensitivity. Are there creams to increase sensitivity?

Closed Thread