It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
(female)

Suzken HB User
Need Some Info

Hi I have some questions, maybe Y'all can help. My husband and I have been married for 20 yrs. Sex has always been a very big part of our lives. For the past 2 years we have been unable to have sex. My husband has lost all interest in sex. ( I didn't realize that this ment loosing interest in all contact with me) When we do try to get something going he does show some interest but he cannot get a full erection. Only slightly and not enough to perform intercourse. It is also somewhat painful. If we try to have intercourse it bruises his penis horribly. It turns completely black. (possibly from being on Plavix). This really freaks him out. A couple of things happened just prior to this starting. He had back surgery where the surgeon went in through the front. This was 2 years ago and he still has pain from the surgery.The scar goes from his belly button all the way down to the top of his penis. Not to long after that he had a heart attach. He is on about 6 different meds for this. Plavix, blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds. He has been to a Urologist who did a CT scan of the area and said everything looked fine. His prostate is fine. His Testosterone levels are slightly low. We do not know which event may have caused the ED as we didn't try to have sex after his surgery before the heart attach. He cannot take ED meds because of the Meds he is on from the heart attach. They have mentioned a method where he puts a medicated pill into the head of his penis but I feel terrible asking him to do somethin like that. He is too upset about all of this to even discuss it with me. Hope someone can help. Sorry this is so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Need Some Info

He needs to tell these things to a sympathetic doctor.
I wish you two the best of luck.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User

Sounds like you guys have have a good past together. I don't know how old you guys are but if i was him i would just want to wait and see what happens. Sounds like he has been through alot and this is just putting more stress on him. Just tell him you love him, and thats all that matters, and just let him figure out what he wants to do. I just noticed that you were talking about looseing all interest in you. So it seems like if he can't have sex you would like to cuddle and things like that. As a man i know when we do things like that we think about sex, so if maybe you talk to him and tell him that you would like to do more of this and that, but no sex if fine, maybe that will help him.

Last edited by adamace1; 09-21-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

Suzken HB User

Thanks guys for the replys. We are 43 and 45 yrs old. Also It has been 2 yrs since the surgury and the heart attach. He has been to a urologist and he did a ct and that was normal so he didn't want to see him again. So that horny goat weed...do you smoke it???lol

Old 09-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

What were the testosterone & estradiol test levels & ranges?

Most doctors will say a guy is OK if his test result is anywhere in the "Range".
The Range was from a group of men 21 to 90 years old.

A guy in his 40s should be in the upper 1/3 to 1/4 of the testosterone "range".

His estradiol E2 should be in the lower 1/4 to 1/3 of the E2 range.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
(female)

Suzken HB User

Thank you all for your helpful posts. My husband is going in this week to have his hormone levels checked. We are actually hopefull for the first time in 2 years. I have been researching the meds that he is on from his heart attach and 2 of them cause ED and decreased sex drive. When he goes to the dr this week he is going to talk to him about changing those two meds. Wish us luck.

Thanks

Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #7
(male)

Fish4Fun HB User

Hi,

I seem to have some of the same symptoms you are talking about. I am 46 and have been on the heart meds for a year now. The sex drive is still there, only thing is that it will not always stay hard long enough to have fun. I am very interested to know what meds you have found will cause the problems. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Jim

Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #8
(female)

Suzken HB User

Jim, The 2 meds that my husband was on was Toprol and Imdur. The dr took him off of the topral and he is starting to have an erection. We have actually had sex for the first time in 2 years. His sex drive is still nill so I have to work at getting him going. Good luck to you. I hope this helps.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
(male)

Fish4Fun HB User

Thanks, I am not on those so the search continues again.

Closed Thread