It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
(male)

curly2709 HB User
Lacerations on Foreskin

I have lacerations or broken skin on my foreskin which causes pain whilst urinating and during intercourse. I have had this condition for a month and went to see my GP 2 weeks ago. He told me that my foreskin had merely tigtened up and that I should apply Aqueous Cream to lubricate my foreskin. The GP informed me that if there was no significant improvement that I may need to be circumcised, however, the waiting list is currently 18 months.

There has not been any significant improvement since my visit to my GP and I am worried that the only option is cicumcision.

Is this something that can just go away after a period of time?

Are there any alternatives to circumcision?

Old 09-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User
Re: Lacerations on Foreskin

Hi Curly,

If your foreskin is tightening, it will not get better with time - it will probably get worse. The problem is that every time you have intercourse and the skin tears of cracks, the process of healing will make the skin tighten even more. Eventually, this may lead to your foreskin becoming completely unretractable.

I know that circumcision may seem like a drastic measure but it is a one off (so to speak!) solution to your problem and although the healing can be uncomfortable (not painful) your foreskin woes will be over.

On this forum, it is often suggested to guys in your situation that you try stretching. This however does not work for everyone and for those who try it without success, it can be a very frustrating process. By all means have a go, but keep in the back of your mind your doctor's recommendation of circumcision.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2709
I have lacerations or broken skin on my foreskin which causes pain whilst urinating and during intercourse. I have had this condition for a month and went to see my GP 2 weeks ago. He told me that my foreskin had merely tigtened up and that I should apply Aqueous Cream to lubricate my foreskin. The GP informed me that if there was no significant improvement that I may need to be circumcised, however, the waiting list is currently 18 months.

There has not been any significant improvement since my visit to my GP and I am worried that the only option is cicumcision.

Is this something that can just go away after a period of time?

Are there any alternatives to circumcision?
Sounds like you have a thrush or fungal infection. Get some Canesten or similar cream from a pharmacy. You can also get an oral pill to take at the same time. ask the pharmacist for advice. Don't try and stretch until you have cleared this up. It's almost certainly the cause as otherwise foreskins don't usually just tighten up by themselves
Geoff

Last edited by Geoff B; 09-25-2006 at 04:25 AM.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
(male)

curly2709 HB User

Well.. to stretch or not to stretch...Thats the 64 million dollar question

I will try some canestan for a while as I will have at least 18 months before I am likely to get circumcised on the Nation Health

Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

I advised somebody on another forum to try Canesten and his pharmacist advised him to take an oral pill , Diflucan, as well. Your sexual partner should also be treated at the same time and you should use condoms until you are both clear. He reported recently that he did indeed have a thrush infection despite being treated by various doctors for months. Unfortunately his foreskin has scared during the long period of not getting the right treatment. He is determined though and is having some success stretching with Betamethasone cream now the infection has been cleared up. It's early days though, so we shall see.
Geoff

Last edited by Geoff B; 09-25-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
(male)

curly2709 HB User

My next visit to the docs was because my penis was bleeding...just a little from a crack on the frenum. The doc said there was definately an infection of some kind and prescribed Daktacort Ointment.

I've used this for a week and am happy to say that all my problems have completely disappeared

Old 10-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Please let the doctor know, who told you you needed a circumcision.
There is no need to be frightening people, with surgery they don't need.
He or she really needs to be correct, before someone loses something needlessly. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Glad to hear it's cleared up and as we suspected you didn't need surgery at all
Geoff

Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
(male)

Luis55 HB User

I am also recently having the same problem, its been about 4 days and It has not gotten any better. When I have an erection and try to pull back my foreskin it is very tight and will even tear. I can't see the doctor for at least 3 days so I am going to try and use some Lotrimin(Canesten) to see if that helps I will let everyone know how it goes. Note (I believe I got this when I showered at the gym and had place my towel down while I was showering, I usually keep it in my bag which I did not have with me that day) I am not currently(nor have i been for months) sexually active so this is the only thing that I can think of.

Closed Thread