It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

Cloudius HB User
Born with 1 testicle

Hello, im a 19 year old "boy". I was born with 1 testicle. Apart from it looking abnormal does it affect my ejaculation volume? Also would it affect my testosteron level alot?
I would really appriciate some serios answers as i havent been able to find anything about this.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Born with 1 testicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudius
Hello, im a 19 year old "boy". I was born with 1 testicle. Apart from it looking abnormal does it affect my ejaculation volume? Also would it affect my testosteron level alot?
I would really appriciate some serios answers as i havent been able to find anything about this.
I would not expect it to effect your ejaculate volume much. I believe the testicles make the sperm but most of the volume in semen is from the prostate.

There is a reasonable possibility it may effect your testosterone level. If I were in your shoes I would get a baseline test now. Are you feeling normal at this time? If so, having a measurement of your levels when normal may be useful later in life. If not, then have it checked anyway to see if it is low. I would check total T, free T and LH at this point. If you are not feeling right then have estradiol checked also. The LH would be interesting in your case to see if it high since you only have one testicle to respond to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
(male)

Cloudius HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfarmer
I would not expect it to effect your ejaculate volume much. I believe the testicles make the sperm but most of the volume in semen is from the prostate.

There is a reasonable possibility it may effect your testosterone level. If I were in your shoes I would get a baseline test now. Are you feeling normal at this time? If so, having a measurement of your levels when normal may be useful later in life. If not, then have it checked anyway to see if it is low. I would check total T, free T and LH at this point. If you are not feeling right then have estradiol checked also. The LH would be interesting in your case to see if it high since you only have one testicle to respond to it.
Yes but as far as what ive found out in my research is that the prostate is 2 parted connected to each testicle which would mean that only half the "juice" from the prostate would be produced also?

Yes i have alot of very femine features unlike all the other males in my family so im having a feeling its rather low so would say i feel rather abnormal :S

Can a regular doctor do such a test?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

90% of what you ejaculate does not come from the testicles.
Testosterone comes from two sources, the testicles and the brain.
Yes, you can have a test to see if your testosterone level is low.
Go to an endocrinologist. Tell him you want your testosterone, free testosterone, and E2 estradiol levels checked.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
(male)

Cloudius HB User

I know thats the normal case. But could anyone confirm og discline that the prostate is 2 parted and each connected to its on testicle?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

No, the prostate is not 'two parted', nor is it directly connected to either testicle.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
(male)

ohnaz HB User

maybe you should try to check for a test for the assurabce of your mind.. maybe you will be more sure of yourself then...

Last edited by ohnaz; 10-31-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
(male)

Cloudius HB User

I have no clue what so ever to the meaning of that word...lol...care to inlighten me?

Old 11-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

he meant assurance.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
(male)

searchingsam HB User
Smile Re: Born with 1 testicle

Cloudius,
The prostate gland is a small round organ and produces fluids to keep the interior of the urethra moist and produces secretions that make up the semen. It doesnít store semen.
The seminal vesicle which is two lobed stores semen and is situated behind the prostate. Do you have any anatomy books? If the seminal vesicles is normally formed there will be normal semen production if the rest of the reproductive system is functioning correctly.
Men with two testicles can have very low testosterone levels or very high, so having one testicle may not be a worry in this respect, and men with one testicle still can produce children if they are fertile.
Have you had an ultra sound on you lower abdomen to confirm whether you have another testicle that hasnít descended (dropped)? As this sometimes happens and may or may not need to be surgically assisted as health complications may or may not arise later in life.
Also, the presence of only one testicle and your feminisation may indicate an intersexed condition that has been undetected, as you obviously have normal penile structure doctors would have overlooked this at the time of your birth, and a new born boyís testicles havenít yet dropped. An ultra sound will help determine the whole physical status of your reproductive system. It may also be a good move to have both testosterone and estrogen levels checked, men do have to some degree of female hormone present and can result in feminisation of the male or retardation of more masculine characteristics. Also, a study of your chromosomes may be of a help if there shows to be an atypical reproductive structure in anyway or hormonal abnormalities and can determine if you have one of many intersexed conditions.
Agape,
Searchingsam

Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #11
(male)

lordduzi HB User

The prostrate is not connected to the testicles. The amount of semen various man to man, varies by time between ejaculations, varies by amount and length of stimulation, varies by hydration of the rest of the body, and probably some factors I haven't mentioned.

As stated above, most of the semen a man produces is not from the testicles, so only have one will not affect that amount. Fertility is also usually not an issue, one testicle produces enough sperm for a man to father a child.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #12
(male)

Cloudius HB User

Thx for the answer searchingsam.

Ive had so many ultra sound check ups that you wouldnt believe it...also had surgery cause the doctors werent sure....but they didnt find anything and just left a huge ugly scar on my stomach as the sugery didnt go very well at all.

Also had a hormoe test done - still waiting for the result though.

Fertility aint a very big concern for me as im gay and its therefore not really an issue...lol

Old 11-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

I doubt that having one testicle has much effect on a man at all. Testosterone is secreted in two places, the testicle and the brain. I think over the millions of years, a man's body has learned to balance. You can have your hormone levels checked by an endocrinologist, if you are that curious. What does the mirror tell you? How do you feel? Is your drive level ok for you?

Old 11-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #14
(male)

Cloudius HB User

Well you are wrong about that i can assure you! Especially for boys born with only one, having one removed later because of cancer is a completly other thing.

And answers to your questions: This looks crap, crap, non existant...

Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

An endocrinologist can help. If your testosterone level is low, there are ways to replace it. The guys in here say to be tested for testosterone, free testosterone, and e2 estradiol. Good luck with this.

Closed Thread