It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User
Is it possible to get acne around your genitalia?

I know I don't have an STD. The only time I had sex was with a virgin in a committed relationship, and I even got tested after we split up and I've had zero contact since then.

But as of lately every now and then a weird little dot appears, which looks like a pimple though it looks slightly different, but I'm willing to bet it's due to the skin type (just an educated guess).

But, on the underside of my penis today I discovered what felt like a sore. After I applied some pressure, it burst. JUST like a typical pimple does.

I assume it's possible?

Ironically enough, it seems like I've been having a breakout recently. I've got a few that popped up on my chin, and a few small ones on my chest. While we're on the topic, is there any type of men's anti acne shower gel? I say men's because I'm really partial to Axe's line of shower gel due to the smell.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User
Re: Is it possible to get acne around your genitalia?

Continued question. I've no longer had any experiences of the more painful sores that I was having before, which were indeed pimples.

What I'm looking at now is something like this... They look like small pimples, yet they won't pop. Even if I use tweezers to try and precisely pop them, it doesn't happen. If anything, the little white cap pops but then a drop of blood comes out and that's it. Again, it's not an STD, at least it shouldn't be. As I said above, I've only had sex one time with a virgin and it was protected. It's just something that bugs me.

Are these signs of fordyce spots? I believe they are but, are fordyce spots supposed to bust like that if you squeeze them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM   #3
(female)

kitty_the_cat HB User

it could be an STD... if your gf has ever had a cold sore in her life she would be carrying the HSV1 virus, oral herpes, and if you had oral sex with her this can be passed on, in a mild form, often just a few small red dots that appear maybe once a year... normal STD checks DO NOT test for this, because it is hard to test because most of the population carry the virus from when they had coldsores from when they were younger, but yeh so normally when you get an STD test done they do not check for herpes.
but as you said it could just be something else, like a pimple, especially if its only just one spot and not a group of them, i just thought i would let you know that you can catch an STD from oral sex, but you havent mentioned if you have done that or not..

Old 03-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User

My ex and I had oral sex all the time, but her and I were virgins before we did anything together. I never knew about the cold sore thing, but I don't recall her ever having a problem with cold sores.

But now I'm confused. Isn't herpes untreatable? Or is this version treatable since you said "mild form."

But yeah. They appear to me to be like fordyce spots. I remember getting a spot about an inch from my eye, the way it looked when it appeared and how it looks now. The ones I get 'south of the border' are the same way.

I'll have to look into getting checked out though. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
(female)

kitty_the_cat HB User

yeah not many people realise the risk of herpes, it makes absolutly no difference if you were virgins or not.
Its like chicken pox, in fact it is a VERY similar virus, most people get it when they are young, they will get a coldsore somehow and from then onwards the virus stays in their body forever. most of the time it lies dormant, that is why alot of people dont realise they have it, but sometimes eg during stressful times, or if you are sick, the virus can become active again (and its not always visable) i think it can be present in saliva, which is how it gets transfered to the genital area during oral sex. if it is transfered to the genital area it is weaker becuase the virus prefers to come out in the form of coldsores around the mouth/face, so most ppl only get an outbreak once a year, or never again.
The virus itself is very easy to kill in a test tube, the reason why it cant yet be cured in humans is because (i think) it hides in spinal fluids (or somewhere like that).

Old 04-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User

Oh geez. I never realized that. But I don't recall her ever once having a cold sore...

I think me and my new lady are going to have a little trip to get tested sometime soon, just to be sure.

But that still doesn't make sense why it can't be cured yet it's so easily spread. I was reading that there's two kinds of herpes and one is often curable while the other isn't. *shrug*

But like I said, the spots I'm getting don't look anything like the herpes pictures. They look 100% more like fordyce spots.

Anymore input is appreciated...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-01-2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: If asterisks appear in your posts, edit your post using allow words. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
(female)

swirlz HB User

Please do not try to diagnose yourself from pictures on the internet. Whatever the condition, a lot of times, the photos that you will see are the worst of the worst. Milder cases may not look like those pictures and your particular symptoms may not be the "usual" ones. Different cases may present in different ways.

One of the reasons why herpes is so prevalent is that many people will either have symptoms so mild and/or atypical that they either never notice or they write them off as something else. The symptoms may never appear again and since herpes isn't part of the normal std screening, the person will never even know that they have it....BUT THEY CAN STILL SPREAD IT.

I'm not saying that you have herpes, but my suggestion for you would be to go to your local clinic and have your symptoms looked at. The sores can be tested for the virus if the doctor thinks that is a possibility. And please go soon. The sooner you go, the more reliable the test is and once the sores go away, they can't be tested at all. It's important to get the swab when you have symptoms because doctors are often reluctant to do a herpes blood test since that will only tell you if you have it at all, not WHERE. Anyone with it orally (whether or not they remember ever having a cold sore) will test positive. So if you don't get a swab test and you don't get symptoms again, you might not be able to find out for sure......unless of course, you find out later when/if someone tells you they got it from YOU.

Anyway, I'm not trying to scare you. I hope that you are right and it's not herpes. I hope what ever you have is benign and everything works out for you. I also hope that you will be responsible and go to the doctor to find out for sure though.

Last edited by swirlz; 04-01-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 AM   #8
(male)

plumbum HB User

hi dude
it sounds the sebacious gland or fordsythe sport however those two are spelt. i have little pimples around the base and on the shaft i am am almost cetain they are sebacious glands. i havent had the sores like a spot though. my gland all over my body are crap mainly the back of my arms and the back of my legs the skin their seems to be a hot spot for these block glands. i know you have probally heard this many of time but if you are unsure you are better of checking then damaging your genitalia waiting for it toget worse.

Closed Thread