It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
(male)

Tomzzz HB User
Retracted Penis

I have a question I've wondered about for a long time, but haven't asked anywhere. When young, I became aware of the shrinking effect that cold has on my privates. However, now in my 50's, it seems that my penis is normally 'retracted' much like a turtle's head does when he senses danger. Normally, only the very tip of it is visible (and I'm circumsized). Weather and/or temperature don't seem to have much effect, it's that way almost all the time. It never hangs down, rather points straight forward. Also, my testicles are usually drawn up tight against my body. They may hang low after a hot shower (left is lowest, is this normal?) but only for a short time, then back up tight again. I'm not much overweight so the fat accumulation there is only a minor factor, I think. Is this normal for an aging man?

Old 02-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: Retracted Penis

I am told by a nurse who looks after geriatrics that older guys testes and scrotum hang much lower than younger guys, I do not know why this might be apart from possibly maybe these guys do not masturbate as much as they used to??

But you dont mention your age, so maybe you are not a geriatric?

In terms of your penis it could either be even a small amount of body fat making it more difficult for your penis to hang out and down, or maybe the ligament that holds the penis to the body has tightend in some way?

Assuming that when erect it still works I am not sure I would worry too much about this.

It is quite normal for left or right testicle to be lower than the other.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

I'm beyond age 50, and yes the body changes with age(some good, some not so good) all we can do is "go with the flow"!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

I have heard that some men's penises naturally retract like you said yours does, even all the time. Mine has done that, but only in cold weather, most of the time it will hang down 3-4 inches when soft and testicles will normaly hang low. My testicles will draw up in cold weather also.

Your condition sounds fairly normal. I would guess you're just one of the ones whose penis naturally retracts.

-h

Closed Thread