It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

apartipilo HB User
Man Boobs????

My urologist wants me to go on Andriol to increase my extremely low testosterone and regain my sex drive and libido. I think it could be the morphine I'm taking to manage chronic back pain that's bringing it down ( double meaning ). What do I do? I'm not keen on taking artificial hormone at my age ( 40 ) because what if I completely stop producing my own natural hormone. Also, this is a scary thought--- developing man breasts from taking this Andriol!!!! Is this for real??? Here you are trying to become more masculine by taking this stuff and you can end up looking more endowed than your partner.
Anyone out there on hormone replacements have this problem with man boobs???
Personally I want to get off this morphine and first see if my natural testosterone comes back.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
(male)

paulgarrett01 HB User
Re: Man Boobs????

Hi there

I developed man boobs at the age of 14. Its a hereditory condition with a latin name I can't remember. My doctor noticed them at 15 and asked if they bothered me as maybe something could be done. So naturally I lied and told her I was totally fine with them. At school I would not shower after sports and my ultimate humiliation came at an inter house basket ball match where our side had to wear skins and I was subjected to taunts of 'milk man, milk man' ect. I made sure the nickname didn't stick by atacking the chant ringleader with a red hot bunsen burner later that day, but it was still a pretty humiliating expirence.

It has also affected my love life. Whilst I lost my virginity at 17. I didn't remove my top when making love till I was 25, three yrs into a serious relationship.

I still cannot stand anyone touching my chest and I hunch to avoid drawing attention to them.

My younger brother had the same problem, but bigger. He had them removed a few years ago and has never looked back, even though his wife didn't have a problem with them. I went to the same surgeon to see if I could have the same work done, however because I a have a mental health problem I was declined at the time.

Don't let anyone tell you they won't bother u because they will. Women don't generally seem to care but thats not the point.

In veiw of your other problems, I would say its worth the risk. Just start a slush fund for a bit of nip and tuck once those babies are developed. You know where your priorities are at the moment, and lets face it in our 40's people are hardly going to be shocked by a pair of man boobs.

Good luck

Paul

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Mine started to grow at about 12 or 13 years old, now about a 40-C. The teen years are the worst.

Many millions of guys accept them as who they are. My wife likes to play with mine. I like it even more than she does.

If you do not correct the underlying cause they will grow back if removed by surgery. The cause is usually too high estradiol E2. Several things can cause high E2.

If you body converts your testosterone into E2, then taking more testosterone by gel, patch, or injection will cause more E2 to be developed.

Arimidex tablets will stop the conversion.
DIM along with zinc will reduce any existing E2 or natural E2.
Saw Palmetto will reduce the testosteron conversion to DHT.

If your testicles are working then low dose HCG may increas the natural production of sperm & testosterone. Any other "T" inhancement will cause the testicles to shrink & shut down.

I do self injection of Testosterone 100mg/week & 500iu 2 time aweek of HCG under a doctors care.

The treatment is much better than not treatment.

The testosterone should be in the upper 1/4 of the range & the E2 should be in the lower 1/4 of the range.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Gurv HB User

JinL is right on. There is no need to worry about the Andriol, you can take Arimidex to stop the conversion. Also, Novladex will often reverse the condition without surgery. I speak from experience with this....I too take Testosterone and have "cured" man boobs (gynocemastia) with Nolvadex and prevented it with Arimidex.

Also, you don't have to worry about your own testosterone not coming back....it will eventually come back like it was. But also as JinL says, HCG will help it come along faster.

Good luck,
Skarn

Closed Thread