It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Red patches on penis

I know what these "patches" are, theyre basically just blisters or sores or "rubs" if you will. it all started from a couple years ago when I wasn't really able to control myself and masturbated regardless of if i had good lubrication or not. i've since wised up, but theyve left their mark. i have some areas of slightly lighter skin (not really noticeable) that seem to be more sensitive. if i really get into it, i'll keep masturbating even when the lotion isnt providing enough lube. if I do it enough, these turn into actual cuts and can occasionally bleed. now i know the real solution here is to stop masturbating, which ive more or less done, but a couple of things complicate this sloooooooooooow healing process. since i've "reopened" these wounds, so to say, so many times by masturbating or having sex with my girlfriend (without enough lubrication), they take FOREVER to heal. on a normal basis, my girlfriend and i have sex a lot for 3-4 days once every 1-2 months (long distance colleges). during the 1-2 months inbetween, i try my hardest not to touch my penis at all. they start to heal but if i slip up and masturbate even once, it goes back to how it was, making all that time i spent not doing it completely useless. it also flares up when we have sex. i try hard not to masturbate but with the rarity of seeing my girlfriend, we can't hold off from the sex. i put neosporin on the spots every night, but not even that is fast enough. does anyone know of anything better to help this heal up quicker? it doesn't help that any touching it puts it back to where it was (eliminating all progress) and and being stretchy skin (stretching for erections then going back), its even harder to heal. any tips? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Red patches on penis

This sounds like a yeast infection. Anything over the counter for womens' yeast should work fine for you. Any partner will also need to be treated.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User

ill certainly take that into considertion, i just have a hard time believing its anything but just a sore from too much lube-less rubbing as thats how it started and thats how it flares back up. it makes healing progress its just ridiculously slow.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
(male)

Patrick40502 HB User

Hey...saw your post and thought I'd throw in my two cents. Personally, I think it has more to do with the lube we use than anything. I started using KY warming gel and started getting those little red "cuts" and the like; I finally figured out that my problem was that the lube, so I tossed it. Started using regular KY Liquid and had no problems. Recently got a bottle of Wet Lite (blue bottle) and had the same problem. So I'm applying Neosporin, gonna try to lay off it, and let it heal up, and get some regular Liquid KY again.

Would be interested to know if you ever noticed yours clearing up when you did A or B or C, or what you ever did about it.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick40502 View Post
Hey...saw your post and thought I'd throw in my two cents. Personally, I think it has more to do with the lube we use than anything. I started using KY warming gel and started getting those little red "cuts" and the like; I finally figured out that my problem was that the lube, so I tossed it. Started using regular KY Liquid and had no problems. Recently got a bottle of Wet Lite (blue bottle) and had the same problem. So I'm applying Neosporin, gonna try to lay off it, and let it heal up, and get some regular Liquid KY again.

Would be interested to know if you ever noticed yours clearing up when you did A or B or C, or what you ever did about it.
thats what i thought from the beginning, just a problem of lube. for the first time, my girlfriend and i used plain ky jelly, and i stopped using lotion when with myself and it healed up in record time, even while I was still having sex. the ky jelly did the trick and now its good as new. good luck!

Closed Thread