It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

hanginginhere HB User
Doctor couldn't diagnose....Penis Head sore since past 15 months, post circumcision !

Hello Everyone.

This is a sincere request to everyone who might be able to help out on this peculiar issue :

I had phimosis due to which I could not push my forskin down and hence throughout my life I had my penis head covered in my foreskin.I developed a peculiar way of masturbating..which was to push the foreskin upwards over the shaft instead of the normal way of pushing it down and exposing the penis head...it worked just fine for me for years...I have never had penetrative sex with a woman and knew when time would come I would have a problem...

In October 2005, I got my circumcision doen since the urologist suggested that it is the only way out...I got my circulcision done and obviously my penis head was EXTREMELY sensitive and sore...Doctor told me it shall go away with time...

However, it has been 15 months now and while the pain/sensitiveness has SUBStantially reduced, it is still there...I have involved myself in only oral sex to date and lot of unprotected oral sex....Whenever someone would take it in mouth, there are some specific areas ...I think right at the tip of the penis which is extremely sore and actually hurts me bad...so much so that I cannot enjoy the oral pleasure..

And then recently there have been a couple of experiences when in the entire oral experience I did not feel any pain...guess that was an exception..

I showed it to my doctor and he checked ...did some urine tests etc. and told me that nothing is wrong with my penis...

However, there has to be...infact sometimes..even while I walk up a flight of stairs the penis head rubbing my underwear hurts me...and when the doctor was examining it...and held the head in his hands I felt no pain...so whether or not it is hard , I experience pain on the tip of my penis...

If anyone has similar experiences to share and any treatment avenues that work...please do let me know..I am soon getting married and do not want this to ruin my life...please help !!

Regards,

R

The Following User Says Thank You to hanginginhere For This Useful Post:
fantastic98 (06-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Doctor couldn't diagnose....Penis Head sore since past 15 months, post circumcisi

X5Driver? Can you offer this guy any help?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User
Re: Doctor couldn't diagnose....Penis Head sore since past 15 months, post circumcisi

Since it is on the end of your penis it sounds to me like you may have had some nerve damage or scarring due to your phimosis. Did you ever have any infection under your foreskin? Did you always have Phimosis or did it come on later?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

He always had phimosis, and phimosis wouldn't cause this kind of problem, lasting 15 months.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

The penis head is made to be touched by two moist things...the vagina and the foreskin. Try never touching the head with anything dry, like your fingertip.
Use lubrication if you touch it, until the hypersensitivity passes.

If the rubbing against your underwear still causes a problem after a few months of only touching with lubrication, you might want to look into foreskin restoration. It takes two or three years of stretching, but it is better than being in pain for the rest of your life.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User

Telling a young man not to touch his penis with his fingers is like asking a baby not to cry! After a lifetime of phimosis, isn't suggesting two to three years of foreskin restoration to a man about to get married a bit unrealistic?

I would suggest that your wrap the head of your penis in soft gauze and wear only tight briefs for a while. You are not yet used to the glans being permanently exposed. Covering it with gauze will buffer any rubbing that takes place and the tight briefs will minimise any movement. This should make things a lot easier and your brain will eventually "learn" to block out these sensations.

15 months is a long time to be experiencing this. I had an adult circumcision but not because of phimosis. My glans was used to being exposed so it adjusted pretty quickly to the permanent exposure. All I can say is continue to hang in there and be patient. It may well be that a nerve has been twisted or severed in the surgery and it needs some more time to sort itself out.

Hope this helps and do give the gauze a try. It can't hurt.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

I didn't say, "don't touch it with your fingers". I said, "don't touch it with dry (unlubed) fingers. Thanks for coming to his aid. Yours sounds like a good idea.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Ouch, Gauze?? Imagine trying to remove that after being on there for a day!!! Doesnt bear thinking about.

I would suggest that the OP uses something like hand lotion to give the glans some protection and to stop things sticking to it, if this doesnt work then vaseline maybe. But this will mean that it can be touched and will then get a bit more used to the feelings.

Oh and dont forget, pain is so close to pleasure!

Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User

I don't know what you think gauze is but it is extremely soft (softer than tissue paper) and there would be no issue with removing it after being there for a day. It would just slip off. It would just be a barrier between the glans and underwear.

While moisturising the glans, I am not sure that hand lotion or vaseline would be of any help to our friend. It seems to me that he needs to promote the drying of the skin if anything so that the sensitivity can subside.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

I stated phimosis could have resulted in an infection which caused the nerve damage. Very plausible.

The fact that it is on the end of his penis makes it highly doubtful that the circumcision had anything to with the problem.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

could you please cite a medical paper with a connection between phimosis and nerve damage?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
(male)

hanginginhere HB User

Hi Guys, Thanks so much for your ideas...Basically, at the time of phimosis, when my urologist checked it, he told me that I have NO infection at all...

Secondly, when i went to this urologist recently in my area, he told me that he has checked it and there is NO sign of any damage or anything...and even today, when I am just walking or climbing stairs, I can actually make out that painful sensation when my underwear rubs against the penis...

I am just not sure what I should do...since I am not comfortable with holding my penis while masturbating at night..I wrap it in towel and masturbate so i can *** directly into it...its pretty inconveninet and if I use my hands I am not able to rub it well...if I were to apply lube or some lotion and then rub it, i would get hurt at thsoe sore places....

am really going into depression because of this...cant even decide on gettin married...complete panic situation...anyone having similar issues??

Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User

What type of underwear do you wear? I am circumcised and I wear all different types. I am certainly more aware of the head of my penis when I wear boxers because it bounces around a lot more. This is particularly the case when climbing stairs but for me it is in no way painful. When I wear briefs, my penis stays in one position when I am moving about. Maybe you could try wearing close fitting underwear to see if this brings you any more comfort.

Really hope this is helpful or that someone comes up with an answer to your problem.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #14
(male)

hanginginhere HB User

Thanks for the support !!

Well you're right it is only during wearing boxers that it is loose and bothersome...but even when i wear briefs, if it moves even a bit, it is painful..and the pain i am talking abt in such a case is very very minute...but only when am actually getting oral or being touched when i am hard, tht it pains more...when touched on particular areas...and biggest issue is that none of the urologists can diagnose the issue...

Closed Thread