It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
(male)

jacobari HB User
Genital warts after nine years

Hi all,

I am seriously confused and worried. I am married to a beautiful woman. I am 100 percent faithful as is she this I have no doubts about. Recently at a regular check up with my doc I asked her about some small red dots on the tip of my penis. She referred me to a urinary clinic. They diagnosed genital warts. I have never had them before nor has my wife although she did have an abnormal PAP smear two years ago but there was never any mention of HPV or warts.

Doc said that I could of had them in my system from a previous partner. I had four before my wife and had unprotected sex with two as we were in longish term relationships. This is putting a severe strain on my marriage as you can imagine. Is it really possible that these stayed dormant all this time. I just want to emphasise the point that I trust my wife and I have not been sleeping around.

Thanks for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
(male)

manofthemoment HB User
Re: Genital warts after nine years

Hi , it is true that the virus can lay dorment for many years.Also they say 1 in every 4 people has been exposed to the virus.Another thing ive read as well is that even young school kids who have the virus can pass onto other kids in the shoolyard though touch and feel.Its understandable that your confused and worried.Try and get your wife to read more on the virus (either on line or though the local library) to show that you dont need to be unfaithable to get this virus.Unfortunely HPV can be spread by hands (unwashed) ect.
Hope all turns out well , you sound like your in a wonderful and loving relatioinship and there is no need to lose that over HPV issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread