It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

myheadhurtz HB User
Low t level, kinda worried, help!

Hello everyone, recentley i visted my doctor because of ED, he suggested that i get lab work done to see whats up. I got my results today and everything came back fine except my testosterone level was only at 180 and the normal range is 250-850. Now in my situation its important to note i was a HEAVY marijuana user for the past year and a half, although 2 weeks ago i quit. I've read in many places that it can have adverse effect on hormones. Im hoping thats all it is, i dont want it to be a tumor. I need to get 2 more tests done to see if its a testicle issue to a brain signal issue. Any thoughts on this?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
(male)

SufferingEd HB User
Re: Low t level, kinda worried, help!

You may also want to test for Estrodial and Prolactin. If either one of these is to high then they can also kill sex drive and cause ED problems. Other things to test for LH, FSH, SHGB, TSH, and Free T. You may end up going to an Endocrinologists. Most doctors do not know how to treat this. Your doctor will probably want to start you on Testim or Andorgel. This will work for about a month then your testicles will stop making T and you will acutally be lower than when you started. You will also have to call around and find and Endo that treats secondary hypogondis. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
(male)

myheadhurtz HB User
Re: Low t level, kinda worried, help!

Well heres what im thinking im gonna do. The doc wants to wait a month before i go back! His logic is i think he wants my system to be flushed out from all the substances i had and see if my levels naturally go back up. Meanwhile im gonna stay far from alchy and pot (for good) and start taking a multi-vitamin and a bee royal jelly suplement and see if it goes back naturally. Im really sketchy on artifical hormones. Im only 24 and i never had this problem before. It only started after i screwed around with drugs. Im not sure if hormones are right for me.

Closed Thread