It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
(male)

himmel1234 HB User
how to stop masturbating as a young adult?

so yea this is kinda wierd, hmm

im 21 and I cant seem to stop masturbating, ive tried a couple differnt things but I cant seem to stop longer then 4 days. When im doing things I just suddenly get this urge then later thoughts starting coming, and no matter how I fight it, I end up failing. The best solution ive found is surround myself with people so there is no way to be alone, but that only works for so long, as people will not always be around. I masturbate probably....3-5 times a day, started when I was...maybe 11ish?

Ive heard something about testostrerione levels, I was working out approx 7 hours day,( I was a competitor with the notion of heading to higher levels of sports competition.) ive stoped pursing my sports goals, and im going into bussiness( which is another reason i need to stop) but I still masturbate fequently. and I just cant seem to stop, I even get the urge in the middle of the night. and its become such a habbit that I do it mindlessly, not even realizing completely what I was up to untill after. Seems like almost anything triggers it, I just get the urge then I start the whole imganation thing and im back to square one.

Does anyone have suggestions on it?

I that its fairly natural, and I accept that, and I also accept that my self control is also a major issue. But knowing and then excersing it under fire is...difficult.

I do struggle with the guilt aspect and ive heard thats natural after-effect but I would like to stop completely.

Ive done cold turkey on a number of addicting things like completely giving up all sugar and anything with sugar, or following a strict diet plan by my trainers; but I cant seem to shake this one.

obvisously ive noticed some differnces between when I am not and when I am, like mucsle strength, stamina, muscle pain, muscle spasams, sleeply-ness( more then usual). I also noticed that i lose quiet a bit of muscle tone when I am doing it more fequently. I get headachs as well that are not present when I do not masutrbate and some mild wrist pain( hahaha obviously). Ive also noticed my body fat index is slightly off as well, on average i stay about %5.5-6.5 body fat index, and when I dont masturbate ive seen it as low as %4.3, but when I do it fequently its gone as high as %8. My wieght and body fat is tested roughly 3-4 times a day to make sure I am well within my competition class. I know its not normal as everything is completely regulated including my water intake, how much food i eat, what i eat, when I eat, how much rest time etc etc... and it fluctuats less when I do.

I know some people wont like this but,

i dont think a shrink can help, simply put someone with troubles cant help someone with troubles. Its like the blind leading the blind. and thats a dead end, not to mention costly.

and I dont want to, but willing to consider taking any form of medications.

some of the physical conditions could be normal for the rutines, but I am very aware of my body, and i notice slightest things and changes, and I bielive its more then coincidence?

does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: how to stop masturbating as a young adult?

Do you masturbate even when your penis is sore and sensative?
I'm in my late 40's and like yourself, l loved masturbating in my youth. I think all of us tried/attempted to stop at some point in our lives, just to realize, we wasn't. What puzzles me is how often that you're doing it. You say 2-3 times a day! For some people, which would include myself, that would be excessive. But of course to others it would be normal. I would think that trying to stop with out a doctors help would be very hard in your case. You say that "A person with troubles can't help another person with troubles."
I don't know what that means. We all have troubles. It's those troubles, that gives us experience, and experience, often teaches wisdom, therefore we can help each other (smile) don't you think? Okay, as an older man to a younger man, I would suggest you give a doctor a try! But if that's just not an option, then the only choice is your way. Cold turkey isn't for everyone. I would suggest, cutting down on your masturbation sessions. If you're doing it 3 times a day, cut it down to 2 times. Let's say, after your morning shower, before school or work, and again ( the last time) at bedtime.
YOu think that you can do that?? If so, you are already off to a good start, kicking your masturbation habit

Last edited by cleansweap; 04-09-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Didn't finish my closing thought.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
(male)

Tezerh HB User

sounds to me like you have a high sex drive! this is nothing to be ashamed of nore is it problem that you can masterbate 3-5 a day. i masterbate anything upto 4 times a day it's the first thing i do in the morning and the last thing i do at night. this helps me A) wake up and puts me in a positive mood to start the day B) helps me sleep

you need a girlfriend with a high sex drive that will solve your problem and open up a whole new can of worms to post about

Old 04-11-2007, 03:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

I think you are reading far too much into body fat levels and connecting this with masturbation! If your body fat levels are really going up and down that much it is more likely to be because you have just eaten or are about to eat! So dont worry about this, or the masturbation. It is perfectly normal, and you will grow out of it as you get older. Just enjoy it and dont worry.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
(female)

plainjayne HB User

as a woman i would like to say its not just men who go through this!! when i was younger abou 22 to 24 i would do it as often as i could because it was just so great and it just cleared my head and made me relaxed too i grew out of it eventually and so will you(well cut down anyway!) me and my boyf have regular sex but im sure he does it at least once a day masterbation is nothing to be ashamed of. if more people did it the world would probably be a happier place!just enjoy yourself and stop worrying!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Gurv HB User

Bro, why do you want to stop???? As the others are saying, there is nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't start adversely affecting your life.

It's natural, it's a huge stress reliever and again, normal!

Skarn

Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

How often, would make a interesting survey! When you're in your teens, 3 times a day doesn't sound bad. Todays teen are so busy with sports and such, it would be interesting to know how many guys yet find time to pleasure themselves 3-5 times a day.
As we get older, we usually are to busy doing other things with our hands, and we have more important things on our minds. Like every one is saying, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but, if you really want to quit! other than waiting on father time, you will need to keep yourself busy as much as possible. Good luck!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #8
(female)

shapleybug HB User

nothing to worry about hunni, you just have a high sex drive, I'm still like that and i'm 34!!!!!

just enjoy and don't feel bad about it, and remember this is the best way to get to know what you like and what you don't and this will help you in your future relationships!

Sarah X

Closed Thread