It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
(male)

_Rauppe_ HB User
Public hair

Do men remove their public hair? Is it common?
And what is the best way to do it? Shaving causes severe itching for a week, so shorthening with a scissor could help?

What can be done against itching?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Public hair

Try trimming with a beard trimmer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Gurv HB User

Some do some don't. I do sometimes just because for me it heightens the sensation of oral and it's "cleaner" for her....she doesn't have to deal with all the hair on my scrotum.

Anyway it's called Pubic hair, not public! LOL, unless everyone gets to see it

I use scissors to make it smaller, then a beard trimmer, then finally, I use shaving gell and razor when I want it very smooth......it does itch some when it starts growing back, but oh well......

Skarn

Old 04-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User
Re: Pubic hair

I tried the shaving thing once. The smooth sensation does feel good, but to me the bad thing about shaving the groin area, even when you've done it for a while is that the skin down there is so soft and sensitive. It was too easy for me to get razor burn and razor rash. I'd rather sport the thick hair anyday..

Just a matter of opinion.

-h

Last edited by hairier yet..; 04-18-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
(male)

cantsleep26 HB User

I use a beard trimmer as well. But I also have a question as to how to shave the scrotum? That skin is so sensitive I don't dare use a razor and even the beard trimmer will often draw blood.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Gurv HB User

I know it sounds scarey, but try the razor. It does work. It's hard to explain, but I kind of "squeeze" the scrotum so that the testicle creates a large, unwrinkled area to shave.

My friend also tells me that he saw that a lot of people actually use an old, dull razor and swears it works great....sharp enough to cut the hair, but not your skin. I haven't tried that yet.

Skarn

Old 04-20-2007, 01:39 AM   #7
(male)

99 fenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantsleep26 View Post
I use a beard trimmer as well. But I also have a question as to how to shave the scrotum? That skin is so sensitive I don't dare use a razor and even the beard trimmer will often draw blood.
wet the scrotum, put shaving cream on it and use a razor, no joke, take your four finger on the dominant hand and put it ot the scrotum, under the shaft and pull, stretching the scrotum, makeing it flat. pull away from your body, like this / the direction of the slash and evertything...looks weird, but it works, i do it a few times a week. i have accidently cut myself as well, its nothing major, at all...if you do slice soem skin, you dont realize it till u get out the shower half the time anyways...
just my .2 cent
brad

Old 04-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

I have been shaving my scrotum for years, and it is really easy and safe to do. At first it may feel a bit strange, you may cut yourself a tiny bit, and yes it may itch afterwards as it grows back, but all this goes after a while. The smoothness is worth it!

I do find that the best method is a dry two blade razor, no foam or gel or anything. Just run the razor up from underneath to do the lower bit, run the razor down the shaft of the penis and onto the scrotum on each of maybe four axis (top left, top right, lower left and lower right), then in from each side from the leg to the centre of the scrotum. There may well be a few bits that are missed and you can feel them and just use the razor to clean them up. It is often worth running the razor over the scrotum again a bit later as it may have relaxed or tensed up and thus revealed more hair.

As it is fairly soft hair a blunt razor is fine. A sharp one is also fine. I also sometimes do it in the shower, but mostly just sitting down in a chair.

Last edited by SpunkyStuart; 04-20-2007 at 02:54 AM. Reason: clarity

Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
(male)

james186 HB User

The multibade razors are the best. However use hair conditioner NOT shaving cream. And stretch the skin to get the best effect. If you shave regularly you won'd itch. The longer you do it the better it will feel and your Wife/SO will thank you for it!

Old 04-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
(male)

tavOgus HB User

What about pomades? .. Have anyone tried them?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
(male)

99 fenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by james186 View Post
The multibade razors are the best. However use hair conditioner NOT shaving cream. And stretch the skin to get the best effect. If you shave regularly you won'd itch. The longer you do it the better it will feel and your Wife/SO will thank you for it!
thats pretty cool, why do you suggest conditioner over shaving cream? im just curious, might have to try that

Old 04-28-2007, 06:03 AM   #12
(male)

gustone HB User

I shave my lower shaft with a electric razor because hair grow up it and it pulls during sex. The rest of the hair i just keep trimmed to about 3/4 to 1 inch. We were talking about it one night and 4 of the 5 guys said they trim also. I have only seen a few guys who were shaved at the gym and I know that they are practicing homosexuals.

Closed Thread