It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
(male)

markv26 HB User
Re: No morning erections!

im 26 years old i have been smoking for 4 years im 5',8" at 205lbs
i use to get a morning erection everyday and not anymore nothing turns me on anymore and its hard for me to just get an erection what is wrong with me im really worried

Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User
Re: No morning erections.

Well, you should clearly give up smoking for a whole host of reason. But just because you're unaware of an erection when you wake doesn't mean you've had several through the night. I wouldn't worry too much. If, on the other hand, you've been experiencing fatigue, shortness of breath, or other unexplained aches and pains, you might get a physical to make sure your heart and circulatory system are healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
(male)

markv26 HB User

sometimes i get shortness of breath .... but as of morning erections i mean i get them once in a while if i do im lucky other than that im pretty aware that i dont get them.. no aches no pains nothing like that ....ive been taking these vitamins to boost my libido and it hasnt done anything dunno what else to do

Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
(male)

lorelle HB User

You gave the two-fold key to your lack of morning erections when you introduced your problem. Having a morning erection every morning is nothing to worry about, but not having them at all at your age should cause concern that something may be amiss and it is: your habit of smoking and your weight.
Nothing you do, including taking libido pills, will help much until you quit smoking. That alone causes tremendous damage to your sexual functioning, to say nothing of the second problem: your weight. Assuming you are average build, you should weigh in the 140's. Your current weight puts you in the obese category, and obesity will cut your sex drive and ability to function properly faster than anything. Put the two together--smoking and obesity --and you have a ticking time bomb. If you don't deal with these two issues soon, your next problem will be high blood pressure, followed by erectile dysfunction. Please do your body a favor and correct these two problems now. Believe me, you will experience a huge difference if you quit smoking and get your body weight down 50 pounds. Also, if you aren't on a regular exercise program, get on one. All these things, believe it or not, affect your sexual performance.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Many meds can mess up the hormones. SSRI anti-depressants are about the worst, diet pills, & even several Tylenol a day can affect the sex drive.

Ask your doctor for a series of hormone tests. Insist on getting your estrogen E2 tested. It is probably high.

At your age the testosterone should be in the upper 1/4 of the range and the E2 should be in the lower 1/4 of its range.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
(male)

markv26 HB User

i understand about being over weight and smoking and also drinking will cause all of this but i no people that weigh alot more than i do and have been smoking for many many years and they are fine.... i just dont understand how some1 can have a naked girl infront of them and not have an erection

Old 04-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
(male)

lorelle HB User

I still think you aren't getting the message, even if you know some who are overweight, smoke and still get by. They will not be able to continue that way indefinitely either. You are avoiding the real problem: your smoking and your weight. I don't think you need tests or doctoring for the problem at all.
Just try griving up smoking for a few months and then start eating right. My guess is that you, like so many Americans, eat alot of processed foods, like fast food and junk foods. A diet of these, coupled with a lack of exercise, will cause erectile problems. Americans want pills--the quick fix--to solve their problems. Trouble is that doesn't usually work. It's the hard stuff, like change in life style, eating and exercise habits that does the trick. If you find that too much to do, and rationalize it away with, "...but I know others who do this and get by..." you aren't really ready or willing to solve your problem. Rethink this. Sure it's hard to stop smoking, eat right (how many fruits and vegetables DO you eat a day?) and exercise regularly. It's alot cheaper than visiting doctors and it's something you are going to have to do anyway, if you plan to live past 50. Besides, isn't sex worth it??

Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
(male)

markv26 HB User

No i am getting the message its just bothers me how it happend so fast.. And yea alot of mcdonlads, taco bell , burgerking , pizza... always after midnight
if i stop smoking and getting my act 2gether how long would it take for me and it to get back 2normal and working ???

and thank you

Old 04-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #9
(male)

lorelle HB User

You will notice results almost immediately. First, you will feel better and have a sense of well-being that you didn't have when you were eating that junk food. Psychologically you will feel more positive, and that alone goes a long way towards correcting erection problems, since they are most often psychological in nature. Here's what I would do, if I were you, based on my own experience:
1. Start eating right. That doesn't mean starving yourself at all. In fact, you need to eat five or six SMALL meals a day. Eat plenty of lean protein, but go easy on sugary, carb-filled foods. Eat alot of fruit, veggies and salads.
If you need some good advice here, try going online and look at a sensible, no cost diet like the ABS-Diet, or get the book. But, most of all remember, you can never exercise enough to take off weight or even keep it off, IF YOU DON'T EAT RIGHT. Eating a proper, low-fat, balanced diet is the NUMBER ONE thing!
Remember: you are what you eat. You eat junk, you feel like junk and your body works like junk.

2. Exercise. I'd suggest joining a gym, but if you have access to a treadmill that is a good start. Do both weights AND cardio. Cardio is so important in helping keep weight off. Get a friend, a partner to train with. That is so much help. Reducing the amount of body fat will help increase your metabolism, and help keep weight off. It also raises your testosterone levels, and thus your sex drive. You will feel a real spike in sex drive immediately after exercising. Exercise regularly--like three days a week for an hour. Push yourself. Start slow and build up. You will feel like you haven't felt in a long time, believe me. Try it and see. But once you start stay with it.

3. Stay away from the fast food places and restaurants in general. They make their food to taste better than their competitiors by putting more FAT in the food. If you must eat there, eat salads and basic (no cheese) hamburgers. Cut things like fries and all fried food, except for one splurge meal a week. It will be almost impossible to control your weight if you eat out at any restaurant very often. Look at the size of the plates and the portion sizes--enough food to feed an elephant, and that's what we Americans are beginning to look like. It's all a matter of re-training ourselves to eat the right food in the right amounts. Once you do this for a while, it becomes natural and wanting to eat the wrong foods is less tempting.

I know this works from personal experience. No gimmicks or catches to it. It is not yet another diet plan thought up by someone to get rich quick. It is simply basic common sense and it works. It does, however, take some will power, I will warn you. But I found that once I started exercising regularly, I almost craved the high it gave me, and the great sense of well-being. If I skip my exercise times, I begin to feel lousy again. It has worked for me and corrected problems I had with ED and lack of energy and lack of sex drive. I feel great now. Give it your best shot--no half-hearted attempts--and see if what I've told you isn't true. Good luck, man!

Closed Thread