It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

SleeplessSkg HB User
Bad smelling semen

ok here goes. hopefully someone has encountered this and can help out.

Recently i have noticed that my semen had developed a bad smell. Mostly it smells a lot like bleach, its a smell that even i cannot take. You may be wondering why i am smelling my own semen..

The thing is- when having a conversation with my current gf a few months ago (sort of getting her to agree to give me a BJ) before we were sexually active she asked if my semen had any smell!! But I never knew cause i never bothered to go smell it!! So one day when i was doing it myself i deciced to find out and at that time there was no smell at all.

So this smell issue is something new. I don;t know how or why things have changed> I read a previous post somewhere where the gal was complaining that once her man took off the condom she could smell him from across the room. well this case is not like that..it;s just the semen that smells like strong bleach.

I am not sure what i have done to change things>

So has anyone had this problem before? Anyone have a solution?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User
Re: Bad smelling semen

Sleepless,

Sperm has a natural, sometimes strong, musty pollen like smell. Mine has always smelled like that. I've heard other men describe the smell of their sperm that way too. From what you've described yours smells similar.

I don't know if you can change the smell, but I've heard you can change the taste of your sperm if you eat less spicy or acidy foods. I even heard drinking more fruit juices can sweeten the taste of semen. Some women complain about sperm tasting too strong and salty..

Take care.

-h

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Avoid asparagus, it makes it smell and taste foul!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

Oh yes, my wife's reaction to oral depended a great deal on what I had been eating! Your right, SpunkyStuart, some vegetables where bad news.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

semen ALWAYS smells like bleach......you just now noticed?

Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

SleeplessSkg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
semen ALWAYS smells like bleach......you just now noticed?
Well the thing is that it used to smell like bleach before younger so i assumed all along it was normal. its not that i just noticed it let me explain..

But about 2 months ago me got a new gf and she asked me over an online conversation if my semen had a nasty smell-obviously we discussed that bj was ok with her but seamen in the mouth was not.. she said that her ex smelt like bleach and she couldnt take the taste or smell. So i remember my ex saying that my semen changed taste after i quit smoking.

So of cos when i was alone one day i went to check right(well did check a few times over 2 week period).. and well there was really no smell (i swear) so i told her that.. so she said if no smell then she wouldnt mind doing it then.

So when came to the time she was giving a bj then she screamed at me cause she said that there was a smell again

so u see sometime in the last 2 years it stopped smelling bad..to a point that there was really no smell..and then now in the last 3 weeks its actually gone back to smelling like bleach.

(SpunkyStuart)
I am not sure what i been doing differently but i did start eating asparagus recently- will let u know how it goes in a few weeks cause i have stopped eating it now.

Well i am monitoring the situation now..and will update any changes.. i honestly believe that u can get rid of the bleach smell..

Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I doubt that you could get rid of the bleach smell, but you probably could live without the girlfriend......it ALWAYS smells like bleach, no matter WHO you are, and if always WILL smell like bleach. The times she didn't notice, maybe her nose was plugged up. What's wrong with bleach anyway? I like the smell.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

SleeplessSkg HB User

Ha ha ha...who knows? i may actually discover something here..

Old 04-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #9
(male)

tom_of_oregon HB User

i think rose is right, mine always had a bleach smell to it and i really don think you can change it...really doesnt bother me and my GF thinks oral is gross so i dont really worry about it

Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
(male)

Pr0t0man HB User
Smile Re: Bad smelling semen

Hello to all.
It is really hard to find mature forums to talk about this. I don't have a problem with the smell of my semen, but I noticed that if I eat too much junk, my semen smells bad. Well, I shouldn't say BAD, it smells like bleach, but really strong. I am just trying to see what I should eat and what I should avoid eating. Because I really don't keep track of what I eat. I read what some people said in other forums that pineapples help the smell, even the semen's taste. My girlfriend complained once that my semen was smelling really strong. I am just trying to get a nice BJ, but I don't want her complaining about the taste or the smell of my semen. Of course I respect her not wanting it in her mouth, but I do want to experience once a BJ without having to worry about the smell or the taste. Can you people please give me a help of what I should do?
Thank you very much.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

how does your gf's smell it when its still inside? are you talking about them swallowing? i read somewhere that the smell that is there isn't always from the man. but can be from the females saliva and bacteria in the mouth/throat. and sometimes the saliva and pre-stuff has a reaction. then there's a smell. anyways....

Closed Thread