It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

jupe HB User
how to treat Male yeast infection?

Ok guys- I am a female but am hoping you can shed some light. 10 years ago my partner had a yeast infection and no doctor would believe me until 1 finally did- I suffered for like 9 months with recurring infections. they prescribed him flagyl- very strong stuff and I never got it again. I know men can get them. (by the way he had NO symptoms the entire time) I have a new partner now and out of the blue after 6 months of unprotected sex (after months of protected sex) I got a yeast infection. I refrained from sex until a few days after the treatment was complete. We had sex. 2 days later I woke up with a yeast infection. I called my Dr, I got Diflucan- my Dr says "oh- it is very unlikely you are getting it from him- you probably just relapsed" I said "can he take diflucan?" she said "no- there's nothing he can take" another dr in denial!! basically I am wondering if there are any men out there who have taken diflucan for a yeast infection- or any women who's partners have taken it. I also would like to know if there are men who have been with women with yeast infections and didn't get it. Basically I want to know if my partner could have gone uninfected and it is coincidence. In any case- I would like him to be treated just incase. over the counter cream is really not an option for him. really. And I have heard that absolutely does not work for men. The infection is "internal"

Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
(male)

qwerty123 HB User
Re: how to treat Male yeast infection?

hey,

im pretty sure i had a yeast infection and didn't know what to do, i looked online and heard that Monistat works for men also, just use the cream as directed...however i feel this didn't work for me, i could have a totally different thing or may just produce a lot of yeast or something else but i still notice it. But it may not hurt for your partner to try monistat because i heard that it can work for some males. It's available at any kmart, target, drug stores etc...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I've had yeast infections and had sex while having it including oral. He has never had a yeast infection in the 10 years we have been together.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 04-27-2007 at 08:37 PM.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
(female)

jupe HB User

thanks! that makes me feel better- at least I know it's not 100% sure to transmit....

Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
(female)

jupe HB User

have you ever tried the diflucan? have you given it to your partner ever?

Closed Thread