It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

offworlder HB User
Advice on stopping masturbation and sexual desire

Does anyone know a way of stopping sexual desire, dead?

I masturbate more than I would like and it's gotten to the point where the desire to do this dominates my daily activities, and I want it gone. All guys will know what I mean when I say all it takes to bring on the strong, often over powering desire to masturbate is seeing an attractive female body in a tight top. This desire can ruin an otherwise good day and make social, and business, situations awkward as you constantly try to sneek a peek at a woman's breasts.

I have no interest in it being a natural thing to do, so I should not be worried about it. I have tried combating the need to do it, but it never lasts long and I always return to it.

I read somewhere that a cause for excessive masturbation can be heightened estrogen(sp) levels and there are pills you can take to lower this. One I read about was Tamoxifen, it's a drug for treating breast cancer in women and one of the things it does is lower estrogen levels, but only in men. The drug has proven very effective in reducing sexual desire in men without the requirement of surgery.

I am completely devoted to my wife, who, for no fault of her own, can no longer provide the fulfilment we enjoyed. I know that she worries this may make me look at other women, which is something I would never do and to make sure of this I want to stop my sexual desire.

If anyone can provide any information or the names of any drugs, tablets, potions or whatever that can assist me in this I will be forever grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
(female)

Leaf80 HB User
Re: Advice on stopping masturbation and sexual desire

Castration will probably cure you from the sexual desire. Well, it works for animals anyways. Not sure about pills though.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
(male)

WRT876 HB User

how many times per day are you doing it? if your wife can't participate and you are pleasuring yourself, what's the harm? you are human. once a day ain't so bad

Old 05-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
(male)

offworlder HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRT876 View Post
how many times per day are you doing it? if your wife can't participate and you are pleasuring yourself, what's the harm? you are human. once a day ain't so bad

Lets just say, often more than 4 times a day, and yes there is a harm as it's the need to do it at awkward parts of the social day is very frustrating and time consuming.

I am currently using a variant of the drug I mentioned and it's having some affect, but only time will tell.

I even considered castration, but the evident side effects are too much so I dropped the idea.

thanks for the responses.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Gurv HB User

Bro,

It is testosterone that dicatates sex drive, not estrogen. Even in females, testosterone is what increases their sex drive.
Therefore, you are mistaken about Tamoxifen. It does NOT kill your sex drive. Trust me on this one......Tamoxifen (Nolvadex), is used by body builders after a steroid cycle to bring back their natural testosterone production. It actually INCREASES your sex drive and sperm count! Trust me on this one, I speak from firsthand experience.....I just finished up a 4-week cycle of Tamoxifen and my sex drive was....well in overdrive!

So in summary, I would NOT take tamoxifen for your problem, you are only compounding it! Also, in the military they would give us Salt Peter (potassium nitrate) to kill our sexual urges while in basic training. It worked!

Good luck,
Skarn

Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
(male)

offworlder HB User

There maybe mixed info here as the drug I am taking, Raloxifeno, is also of the Tamoxifen family and it does actually work. Since I have been using it my desire has dropped, not the actual need, but I can talk to other women without looking at their breasts and wondering if they want to screw me. Oh, I have also lost about 6 pounds in weight and I can concentrate on my work much better, so that's a plus

Later guys

Closed Thread