It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
(male)

nighteclipse HB User
Penishead became white-ish, foreskin sticking to it

Hello,

I'm a 20 year old male virgin with no sexual history at all and something strange has been happening to me in the past few days.

I usually regularly retract the foreskin to wash the penis head 2-3 times a week.

When I did it last tuesday, there was some white-ish stuff on the inside of my foreskin, that I easily washed away.
A bit of that white thing was also sticking to the head of the penis itself so I washed it. However, when I pulled the foreskin further down, it appeared to me as if the whole head had become "white-ish" (and lost its normal flesh color).
I held it under the water for a while but it didn't go away.

Last night I was washing again and what I saw gave me a shock:
As I tried to pull down the foreskin, it went down much less than usual (didn't make it to the base of the penis head) and it seemed as if at a certain point the inside of the foreskin was sticking to the penis, kind of blocking it.

There is no pain whatsoever (otherwise I would have probably noticed this much earlier) in any part of the penis.

I tried to think of what I had done recently that could be the cause of this,
in case this could be useful to know.
No sex (I never had, not even oral or any kind of contact with the genitals).
About two weeks ago I started a weight-loss diet which included lot of fitness exercises, walking long distances (like 10 miles a day) and eating only the necessary meals. I have lost about 9lbs ever since I started.
Something that could have been very unhygienic was that when I did the fitness exercises (push-ups, cardio, etc.) I often used the same clothes (even underwear) since I left them to dry after they were full of perspiration.

A few days before I saw the white things in my foreskin, I attended a barbeque and ate a lot of meat.
I'm mentioning this because the grill was prepared by somewhat amateur people and there was also lot of ethnical food from other countries that I hadn't eaten before (especially East European).

I'm planning to fix an appointment with a local medic soon, however I currently live in a country where healthcare is very slow, with long waiting lists and lot of travel to take medical tests.
Furthermore, I have college exams for the next 2 weeks. It would be ideal to me if I could go to the doctor after the exams since I don't want to miss the exam dates, but I'd like to ask you whether this could be a really urgent issue and I should go to the emergency department.

I hope you can give me at least an idea of what has been happening to my penis and whether I should (and shouldn't) do anything while waiting for the appointment with the doctor.

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited by nighteclipse; 05-31-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

happy05 HB User
Re: Penishead became white-ish, foreskin sticking to it

Why would you need to call a doctor?I'm 100 percent sure that is sperm that somehow dryed up.The only thing I could think of is that you don't wash your penis enough...Theres 7 days in a week and considering you only wash your penis 3 times...things like that can easy happen.

Anyways if you do need to see a medical doctor,please keep us updated.I would like to hear his response

Old 06-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

That's not semen. It has nothing to do with food. It might be a yeast infection.
Yeast can sometimes cause smegma to be produced like wild...the penis is attempting to protect itself from the yeast.
There are two other things which can turn a penis head whitish. One is vitiligo, which is generally harmless. The other is BXO, which is serious, but treatable.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
(male)

nighteclipse HB User

thank you for your replies.

Do you have any recommendations of what I should and shouldn't do now (the 2-3 weeks before I go to the doctor)?
Should I wash the head or keep it away from water, should I not masturbate (by the way, I didn't masturbate for weeks, probably the last time was before I started the weight loss diet...), etc.?

So you think I don't usually wash often enough? Oo
3 times a week isn't enough? oO

I also can't figure out where the semen could have come from (since I didn't masturbate recently).
I only remember that on tuesday there were like white pieces... you know like the pieces that come when you take a white eraser and rub it on paper... white pieces like that, only much smaller obviously.

Vitiligo. I just searched on the net and realized what it is... is it actually contageous? Because recently I had physical contact with (embraced, etc.) a few people with vitiligo.

Yeast infection and smegma seems to describe what's happening, indeed the foreskin is almost sticked to the head that I can't pull it below. It's seems so... alien-ish. Oo

Last edited by nighteclipse; 06-01-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

happy05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighteclipse View Post
thank you for your replies.

Do you have any recommendations of what I should and shouldn't do now (the 2-3 weeks before I go to the doctor)?
Should I wash the head or keep it away from water, should I not masturbate (by the way, I didn't masturbate for weeks, probably the last time was before I started the weight loss diet...), etc.?

So you think I don't usually wash often enough? Oo
3 times a week isn't enough? oO

I also can't figure out where the semen could have come from (since I didn't masturbate recently).
I only remember that on tuesday there were like white pieces... you know like the pieces that come when you take a white eraser and rub it on paper... white pieces like that, only much smaller obviously.

Vitiligo. I just searched on the net and realized what it is... is it actually contageous? Because recently I had physical contact with (embraced, etc.) a few people with vitiligo.

Yeast infection and smegma seems to describe what's happening, indeed the foreskin is almost sticked to the head that I can't pull it below. It's seems so... alien-ish. Oo
As I'm a active male,if I don't wash myself at least 5-6 times a week I would get dry sperm on the penis.Although what you describe could be totally different then what I'm thinking.

If you wash it and not masterbate does it come back?Are you able to wash it off with soap?

Trying washing it off with soap then not masterbate for about a week,if it doesn't come back then I'm 100 percent sure you are perfectly fine.

Last edited by happy05; 06-01-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
(male)

nighteclipse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy05 View Post
As I'm a active male,if I don't wash myself at least 5-6 times a week I would get dry sperm on the penis.Although what you describe could be totally different then what I'm thinking.

If you wash it and not masterbate does it come back?Are you able to wash it off with soap?

Trying washing it off with soap then not masterbate for about a week,if it doesn't come back then I'm 100 percent sure you are perfectly fine.
Thanks for the advice.

I've actually never put soap on it because I thought it was dangerous/(irritable?)
But I will try.

What I still don't understand is how to pull the foreskin down, it has really become tighter, and without pulling it down I can't wash off all of it...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

First, you need to differentiate. Is there white stuff sticking to the head, or is the head itself, after you wash it, turning white. If there is white stuff sticking to the head, that is smegma. Washing with water, and rubbing with your thumb in all the little folds, should completely remove it. Since it is made up of oils and dead skin cells, it should take a while to build up again.
Vitiligo is not contagious.
The guess of vitiligo or BXO is based on you saying that the head itself is turning white.
From your last post, when you say the foreskin is getting tighter, it seems more likely that you have a yeast (thrush) infection. If this is true, both you and any partner need to be treated, with anything over the counter for womens' yeast. Yeast can cause smegma production to go haywire.
Yeast causes tiny tears in the foreskin. Healing replaces the skin with scar tissue, which is less elastic. The sooner this situation gets resolved, the better off you are.
Some men can wash with soap, without it drying out their penis. I'm not one of them. Water and the thumb works great for me. Soap causes the skin to peel off the head. Good luck in figuring out what is causing the problem, and in taking care of it.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
(male)

nighteclipse HB User

Hi. Thanks for your replies and sorry if I caused any problems ?

Yesterday I finally managed to pull the foreskin down and I saw that most of the white stuff I had seen originally has gone away, although some white patches have remained. I tried to wash it, but it's really hard/sticking and I'm scared that if I try to rub it with force I might cause even more damages.
I actually touched the head with my thumb... ouch!!

Can one also get yeast infection without ever having had a sexual partner?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

If it is smegma, and it can't be removed with water, baby oil can often loosen it up.
You can get a yeast infection without a partner.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
(male)

nighteclipse HB User

Thank you, sirs, I rubbed it away and now everything seems to be fine
Thanks a lot again.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #11
(male)

captainhoneycut HB User

You really should retract your foreskin and wash the glans with soap EVERY DAY. What you had seems to me like a very bad case of smegma build up and that is not something you want to make a habit of if you plan on being sexually active at some point.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

Great advise! Every guy should wash every day, pulling back the foreskin everytime.

Closed Thread