It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 AM   #1
(male)

osiris79 HB User
Red itchy skin on my penis

Hello, I am new to this website and hopefully can get some help. I am uncircumsised and a couple of days ago the inside of my foreskin started itching. When I examined it I pulled my foreskin back and the skin on the right side of the head of my penis, right along the ridge of the penis, was red and so was the skin along my foreskin when I pulled it back. It was itchy and red. I took a shower and washed and dryed my penis. The next day it was fine I Looked at my penis and it was gone, no itch. no redness. Now today....after work I had some itch again and when i looked, I had the same redness and itch again....this time it is on the left side on my penis head,again along the ridge of the penis head, and only part of the skin on my foreskin when I pulled it back. There are no bumps,dryness or flaking.. or anything like that..just itch and redness. It does not burn when i urinate or ejaculate...its just noticable if i masterbate. I again took a shower tonight and it feels better but I am confused as to what it might be. I have only had oral sex with different partners in the last year or two. If anyone can help, i would really appriciate it...Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Red itchy skin on my penis

It's almost certainly your garden variety yeast infection. Anyone, male or female, circumcised or uncircumcised, can get one. Anything over the counter for women, like monistat or vagisil, should take care of it. Any partner will also need to be treated. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
(male)

osiris79 HB User

Does the infection come and go? This morning it feels better and the redness and itch are not there...its still a tiny bit red but no itch. Should I still buy some over the counter medicine? Amd are there other symtoms?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I would, if it were my penis. You can play ping pong with a yeast infection with a partner, forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to tommy124 For This Useful Post:
dachmom13 (08-10-2011)
Closed Thread