It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
(male)

zaskar HB User
Curbing Sexual Desire

Good morning people.

I would like to ask a question regarding drugs/therapy for curbing sexual desire in males but I'm not sure if I'm in the right place and as this is my first posting on this site, I have absolutely no wish to upset or offend anyone so if you people could just let me know if this is the right place OR of another Forum/Website which I would be better off approaching, I would be very gratefull for your advise.
Please believe me that this is no wind up! I'm at the end of my tether and the correct advice is likely to save not only my mental health but also my marriage which i am desperate to conserve.
Thanks.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Curbing Sexual Desire

I recently read about a drug that could lower testosterone levels in men. This should help curb libido. There are also many anti-depression drugs that can cause sexual side effects.

You are playing with fire though and I suggest you find another way to deal with whatever the problem is. You may well end up permanently screwing up your hormones. Also, you don't want testosterone too low or there are a long list of diseses that can set in.

Last edited by hayfarmer; 09-11-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Most people use masturbation to augment their sex life, if their desire is stronger than their mate's desire.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #4
(male)

zaskar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
Most people use masturbation to augment their sex life, if their desire is stronger than their mate's desire.

.........and when that's simply not enough??????

Old 09-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
(male)

zaskar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayfarmer View Post
I recently read about a drug that could lower testosterone levels in men. .

........and is it something that can be tested for and have an acceptable level?
Could a doctor get my "count", so to speak, and be able to say either,
"Yes, that's far too high, no wonder you're having problems"
or
"No, there's nothing physically wrong, the problem is purely mental"

?

Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Research Antiandrogen & its side effects. There are several that will reduce the testosterone.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
(male)

yahu HB User

Attempting to alter your hormones for a medically unnecessary reason is something no reputable doctor is going to do. And, to a great extent, he/she wouldn't know how to do so anyway. The interaction between homones and desire/libido is nowhere nearly as clear cut, well understood, and easily manuipulated as some people posting to this board seem to believe.

If we had some idea why this desperate plea was forthcoming, maybe some more specific suggestion would be possible. In the absence of that knowledge, I can suggest that you focus on other aspects of your life that aren't sexual, and therefore 'burn up' some energy doing other things. Behavioral modification is much more reasonable a suggestion than some hormonal quackery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
Good morning people.

I would like to ask a question regarding drugs/therapy for curbing sexual desire in males but I'm not sure if I'm in the right place and as this is my first posting on this site, I have absolutely no wish to upset or offend anyone so if you people could just let me know if this is the right place OR of another Forum/Website which I would be better off approaching, I would be very gratefull for your advise.
Please believe me that this is no wind up! I'm at the end of my tether and the correct advice is likely to save not only my mental health but also my marriage which i am desperate to conserve.
Thanks.

Last edited by yahu; 09-11-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

Yes, testosterone can be tested for but there is a lot to libido besides testosterone.....my point was if you forced your testosterone to be low it can kill libido but also cause other health issues.

Masturbation seems like a better resolution and you can do that almost as often as you want or need to.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
(male)

Deviant HB User

Do something else to take your mind off it.

If it's the habit of masturbation your talking about, then like most habits there are ways to stop them.
1.) cold turkey
2.) slowly decrease over time, then stop.
3.) replace it with something else that is of equal pleasure. The only thing besides sex, that i can think of that might be close to being on the same level is eating something really tasty.

Also, like most habits, it takes dedication and effort on your part.

I'm curious how this could be affecting your mental health though? is it a specific fetish thats plaging you? if thats the case, then perhaps try and replace the fetish with a healthier one.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

I think I am reading between the lines but maybe masturbation is the problem. As in his wife found out he is masturbating and was disgusted by this... I know it sounds puritan but I think many insecure women still have this idea about their husbands doing this act , esp when they factor in the thougt of " who is he fantasisng about when he does this".. If this is the problem then I think marriage counseling is in order or even if you have sex drives that are out of sync... but the bottom line is screwing with your hormones to "save" your marriage is insane...once you have gone thru the fatigue, depression, emotional episodes etc, all possible not guaranteed, you will think being horny all the time was a day at disneyland... go talk to someone, a professional would be best... and then go from there.... also, you are asking for help here with very vague details...this is anonyomous so please elaborate... maybe someone with a similar exp can help if you do...

good luck....

Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #11
(male)

Deviant HB User

what? if thats the case, reason with her, talk to her... thats what your partner is there for (besides other things), to share private issues that are bothering you. A good relationship is one with good communication. Ask her for advice, tell her your sex drive is over-active, tell her your wants and needs, and above all be a man for petes sake.

if worst comes to worst do it in the toilet or the shower.

in my last relationship, my girlfriend would sleep over a lot, and she didn't mind it at all if i were to masturbate right next to her while she was reading a book or watching TV.

Closed Thread