It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
(male)

WayDownSouth HB User
Exclamation Normal to have two holes in head of penis instead of one?

I have two small holes in the tip of my penis side by side (my external urethral orifice). I hear references to how most men have a single hole in the tip of their penis, yet I've always assumed that everyone had two (or that two holes was common and/or normal). Is having two holes rare? I can't find any writings on this anywhere on the web.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
(male)

abbydog46 HB User
Re: Normal to have two holes in head of penis instead of one?

wow.. i would say so. unless this is some sort of joke thread there is only 1 hole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

If it is not causing you any problems you probably need not worry about it. However if it is constricting the flow of urine then it may be worth getting a urologist to look at it. I would have thought it would be a very minor op to sort out, unless there is a deeper underlying condition. It also depends on if you have had this all of your life, or it is some sort of scarring or other event that has caused this. To put your mind at rest, perhaps a urology appointment is a good idea.

But in answer to your first question, no, normally most men only have one hole.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

It's a common condition, called hypospadias. It occurs in 1 in 300 men.
If it's not causing any problem, it's normal enough for you. Essentially, the body picks one hole, while the penis is developing in the womb, and then changes its mind.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
It's a common condition, called hypospadias. It occurs in 1 in 300 men.
If it's not causing any problem, it's normal enough for you. Essentially, the body picks one hole, while the penis is developing in the womb, and then changes its mind.
But in this posters situation it is not a serious example, often in hypospadias the opening can be well away from the end of the penis requiring surgery in most cases which tends to be done as a small boy.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
(male)

WayDownSouth HB User

I went to a urologist recently but was very rushed at his office, and totally forgot to ask him about it. It hasn't presented any problems whatsoever with urination, sex, etc. I thought everyone had two holes until recently.

Closed Thread