It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

tenderloin HB User
Considering a corticosteroid shot to the penis...

hi,
about 2 months ago, I sustained an impact injury to the penis while having sex with my partner.

Basically, it is some damage or inflammation to the right side Corpus cavernosum (along the right side, near the base of the penis).

My pain has let up a bit, but not completely, there is never any visible symptom, but this pain usually becomes greater the next day if I am sexually active.. Of course, I have not had actual intercourse again for fear of re-injuring myself.

To fight what is obviously ongoing inflammation, I have been taking lots of Vitamin E, other vitamins, eating right, drinking water, taking ibuprofen, gloucosamine, and even a serratia peptidase enzyme... whatever might work to promote better healing.

But the fact remains that the pain is probably here to stay if i do not intervene. (i have chronic tendinitis if that helps anyone relate.)

Does anyone reading this have experience in getting a corticosteroidal shot for this kind of inflammation?

I feel the smart thing to do, would be to try corticosteriods in at least one form or another to eliminate the inflammation.. thereby letting myself heal.

what should i do?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

AZMan07 HB UserAZMan07 HB User
Re: Considering a corticosteroid shot to the penis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderloin View Post
hi,
about 2 months ago, I sustained an impact injury to the penis while having sex with my partner.

Basically, it is some damage or inflammation to the right side Corpus cavernosum (along the right side, near the base of the penis).

My pain has let up a bit, but not completely, there is never any visible symptom, but this pain usually becomes greater the next day if I am sexually active.. Of course, I have not had actual intercourse again for fear of re-injuring myself.

To fight what is obviously ongoing inflammation, I have been taking lots of Vitamin E, other vitamins, eating right, drinking water, taking ibuprofen, gloucosamine, and even a serratia peptidase enzyme... whatever might work to promote better healing.

But the fact remains that the pain is probably here to stay if i do not intervene. (i have chronic tendinitis if that helps anyone relate.)

Does anyone reading this have experience in getting a corticosteroidal shot for this kind of inflammation?

I feel the smart thing to do, would be to try corticosteriods in at least one form or another to eliminate the inflammation.. thereby letting myself heal.

what should i do?
You may have a difficult time finding someone who has had a cortisone shot in the penis. I have had several in both shoulders as well as 1 in my elbow for tendinitis/bursitis. I don't recommend them. Not only for the pain and discomfort of the procedure but because the procedure often requires repeating due to it is like a quick fix that doesn't last. Tissue damage and inflammation should be treated in other ways (e.g., ice immediately after the injury and then after a few days, heat) together with maybe an OTC pain reliever.

Have you had a cortisone shot before? The area being treated is numb for hours and you have to be real careful to not injure yourself. I can't even imagine trying to urinate with a numb penis.

Did you go to the ER when this happened 2 months ago? If not, have you seen your own doctor? It seems to me that I have read somewhere how this is treated but cortisone seems extreme. A doctor visit with some time and patience seems to me like a healthier way to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
(male)

tenderloin HB User
Re: Considering a corticosteroid shot to the penis...

well,
the reason i posted is because i have tried everything. i forgot to mention that i am 32 and have had chronic tendinitis injuries in several places since i was 27. (in other words, the inflammation pain does not leave by natural means)

For me, this YET ANOTHER tendinitis injury which will never heal.

As you can or cannot imagine, it is particulatrly stressful and interferes greatly with any remainder of hope i have for a normal sex life.

i will always experience pain form the injury, and keep reinjuring the area, thereby inflaming it.

So I was hoping that a corticostreroid, in any form, would be a way to recovery.

Closed Thread