It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

whyme1984 HB User
phsycological erection problems

I am 23 6ft 195lbs, in great shape/muscular. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and am very healthy. I have not had a girlfriend since I was 16 and in that relationship we were not having sex. Since then I have had sex with probably around 15 women but it is always a one night stand/ I just met you at the bar thing. I sometimes would have a problem getting an erection but usually I would be wasted and be fine. Now I have met a girl that I really care about and we have started having sex. Prior to sex I have no problem getting an erection but then when we go to have sex I get extremely nervous about prforming well and I lose my erection and after that it is just like a downward spiral and I have no confidence. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I would just like some advice because I really care about this girl and do not want ot screw it up. Physically I have no problem getting an erection when I am masturbating it is just when I feel that I am under pressure.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
(male)

Dinosaur2 HB User
Re: phsycological erection problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme1984 View Post
I am 23 6ft 195lbs, in great shape/muscular. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and am very healthy. I have not had a girlfriend since I was 16 and in that relationship we were not having sex. Since then I have had sex with probably around 15 women but it is always a one night stand/ I just met you at the bar thing. I sometimes would have a problem getting an erection but usually I would be wasted and be fine. Now I have met a girl that I really care about and we have started having sex. Prior to sex I have no problem getting an erection but then when we go to have sex I get extremely nervous about prforming well and I lose my erection and after that it is just like a downward spiral and I have no confidence. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I would just like some advice because I really care about this girl and do not want ot screw it up. Physically I have no problem getting an erection when I am masturbating it is just when I feel that I am under pressure.
I would say that it is a psychological problem - mind over matter, so to speak. The two of you probably need to talk about it - I know - easier said than done. Maybe it's too early in the relationship for sex. Maybe you just need to get to know each other better, so you don't put yourself under such pressure. How long have you been dating this girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
(female)

fudge123 HB User

I remember seeing a guy who really liked me after several dates we ended up in bed and he lost his erection. He was really embarrassed however I was worried it was something I'd done wrong. He said it was just that he like me so much in his head he was worring too much about getting it right and nothing to do with me. To be honest I took that as a compliment. Told him not to worry about it and left it for that night. The next time I tried to remind him jus to have fun and he had no problems. What I'm trying to say is your not alone, maybe worrying and trying too hard (jus have some fun.. get used to playing with each other and hang on.....when your relaxed and not worrying you will probably realise your having sex no problem, if this girl has anything about her she will understand if for any reason you do lose your erection. Just remember to explain why!!! Otherwise like me she will be worrying more about what is wrong with her than the physical issue of you losing the erection.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme1984 View Post

its a mental thing dude. Talk to her about it. make sure she knows its not her (girls always think that). take it slow. Dont think about what you are doing. (I know easier said than done) concentrate on the feeling not the action. Takes awhile adn a patient partner but you can get over it.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
(male)

Jegs66 HB User

I had the same problem. But one night when i was drunk and it just worked. I guess being under the influence of alcohol made it so i didnt really think about what i was doing. Now i still dont have a problem because it seems that it brung up my confidence. I know its not really helpful but i thought id let u know ur not alone.

Good Luck

Closed Thread