It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User
Retrograde Ejaculation-What does the urine look like?

Hi. My husband has been self diagnosed & doctor approved for Retrograde Ejaculation. He will not go to see a Urologist so we have no one to answer our questions for us. His problem started about 9 months ago. Sometimes, while making love, he would be sure that he ejaculated & at other times, he really wasn't sure but it felt like it. When we were done, he'd go empty his bladder & the urine would be kind of cloudy. Almost looked like someone dropped an alka seltzer in the toilet but without the bubbles. Last week after we had made love, he went to the bathroom to empty his bladder, didn't flush & then we left for around 3 hours. When we got home he went to the bathroom again & was shocked to see a fairly large blob or sperm in the toilet. He called me in to see it & it looked as if he had masturbated into the toilet. It looked completely the same as if it never entered the bladder. Is this normal? I've called a local Urologist & they said they hadn't heard of this happening, the white cloudy urine was the norm for R.E. but not the normal looking semen. They want him to come in but he refuses. Has this happened to anyone else out there?
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
(male)

bswinney HB User
Re: Retrograde Ejaculation-What does the urine look like?

RE is not a serious thing unless you are trying to get pregnant. The ejaculaton feels about the same but it just freaked me out the first time it happened to me. Flomax is the cause of mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

Thanks for your reply. My husband gave me the permission to talk to his GP Doc, she's a woman so it was a touchy subject for him. She suggested to cut his dose of Paxil in half from 20mg to 10mg a day. She said that sometimes, this could cause no ejaculation so she said it's worth a try to see if it will make the Retrograde Ejaculation cease. Did your after sex urine look cloudy or did it come out in a big clump like my husband's did?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

Leelee,

I've never had RE but I've heard several men comment and say their urine looked like what you've described, cloudy due to sperm entering the bladder. As stated, it's most likely harmless and probably due to the medication your husband is taking.

One good thing is no risk for pregnancy. Also, eventually his sperm will come out, not just by regular ejaculation.

All will probably be fine if he continues to refuse to see a urologist. Cut back his medication dosage like his doctor said. Maybe that will reverse what's happening.

Luck..

-h

Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
(male)

bswinney HB User

My urine looks cloudy. No clumps.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

Thanks for the posts! My husband is doing better. He just cut down on his Paxil about 5 days ago so I doubt that it could be from that already. The last time my husband showed me the urine & sperm in the toilet, it really did look like someone just poured a huge load in the stool. I've been hearing & reading a lot of input that says this rarely happens, if ever. We'll just watch for it again & if it happens, I'm DRAGGING him in to the Urologist!
Thanks again.

Closed Thread