It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
(male)

DRW2002 HB User
Gential problem im having

Ok, so im a male in my 20's. I shave and groom my area, or atleast i did for a while. Ive been with two girls my entire life, both girlfriends. As i was about 9 months into my relationship with my currently GF i started noticing wierd things.

As i would save, i would stubble a little, causing my skin to bleed slightly. Very little. After doing so about a few times, the skin flap i would cut a little, would stop bleeding but grow back awkwardly. Every time i shaved the skin would become irritated and turn into a dark-mole-skin tag-wart. One is fairly larger then the others, just one. ive read about genital warts and it almost sounded like it was one, yet it was only one, not others, and my girlfriend the the past year has yet to get any sign of any kind of a wart *knock on wood*.

Now, as time goes on, everytime i shaved, if i hurt my skin, causing a cut, it would grow back as a mole looking, skin tag looking or wart looking thing. Now, im not shaving any more, yet, it seams its getting worse or speading kinda. I havent exactly kept a count, but its looking wierd. I got 1 that i can actually say is a Skin tag, yet the others are little dark bumps that almost look like wierd pimples that you cant pop, yet the one big one grew for a while then stopped. Now its about as big as a diametor of a thumb tack for a wall or picture, maybe slightly smaller but not much. That one big one has not gotten bigger, yet the other little ones that were cut when shaving are now speading it seamed or coming out. I do not know what to do, ive seen all kinds of home remedies for skin tags yet i have not tried any until tonight. These are ruining my life and im just curious to know what they are.

These by the way are only found above my penis in my abdomen/pubic area and the 1 tag is on my groin. Nothing on my scrotum, anus, taint, or penis itself. Nothing. just a bunch in my public region. It started as 1, and eventually lead to 1 large one and maybe 10-15 mini ones.

Thank you so much for your help if possible. Its destroying my self confidience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User
Re: Gential problem im having

you should go to the doctor and get tested for STD's and have the doctor look at the area.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
(male)

DRW2002 HB User

My girlfriend and my ex never had anything, why would i all of a sudden have a STD.

These outbreaks only got worse every time i shaved my public area, never any other time. Could it just have been a bad allergic reaction gone bad. Every time i would knick myself (cut on accident) when shaving one would appear there afterwards..

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

My first thought while reading this, not including the possibilities you've already mentioned, was in-grown hairs. I know that probably sounds like such a silly possibility... but it is one. They vary in size and amount. And if you've only ever noticed this after shaving that area, then chances are that's what they are. I get them all the time. Some are very tiny and don't bother me at all. But I remember one that was so large and painful that I actually went to the gynocologist b/c it scared me! I was worried that it was a wart or some other STD.. turns out it was an ingrown hair. (Never in my life was a so happy to have an in-grown hair!!) All i could do about that one was use a hot compress.

If these are ingrown hairs, its best to use a hot compress (as hot as your skin can tolerate without burning yourself) one or twice a day. The heat will help bring the hair closer to the surface. You can try to pop it like a pimple, but don't force it... that will cause more pain and irritation. Between the hot compress, the pushing/popping, and patience it will come out more or less on it's own. Once the hair is through the skin you can use tweezer to completely remove it. It took me about 2-3 days after seeing the doctor, using the hot compresses, and my fingers to finally remove the hair. Once I got it out, it was almost instant relief. The pain and swelling was gone the next day.

If you don't think that what you're experiencing is in-grown hairs, then a trip to the doctor or clinic is the next best step.

Good luck.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

how do you know she doesnt' have an STD? did you both go to the clinic at the same time and show one another your results?

if you dont think its an STD you should still go tot he doctor. It doesnt' sound like a ingrown hair or anything the way you describe it. maybe instead of shaving down there (never understood that) try trimming.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
(male)

DRW2002 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengie View Post
how do you know she doesnt' have an STD? did you both go to the clinic at the same time and show one another your results?

if you dont think its an STD you should still go tot he doctor. It doesnt' sound like a ingrown hair or anything the way you describe it. maybe instead of shaving down there (never understood that) try trimming.
Theres no way im assuming its a STD. The signs fof STD's from what i read didnt go along what i got. The thing is, it ONLY broke out more as i shaved and had a little stubble, never any other time. the first one happened the first time i did it, over time i got bigger so it was too late kinda by the time i realized to stop doing it. I recently tried to do it again a while ago, very stupid and more appeared, so i definitely stopped since. No break out during or after sex, she has nothing, my ex never had anything. They both went to gynocologists, i think they would have mentioned something if they thought something looked wrong.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
(male)

DRW2002 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen52983 View Post
My first thought while reading this, not including the possibilities you've already mentioned, was in-grown hairs. I know that probably sounds like such a silly possibility... but it is one. They vary in size and amount. And if you've only ever noticed this after shaving that area, then chances are that's what they are. I get them all the time. Some are very tiny and don't bother me at all. But I remember one that was so large and painful that I actually went to the gynocologist b/c it scared me! I was worried that it was a wart or some other STD.. turns out it was an ingrown hair. (Never in my life was a so happy to have an in-grown hair!!) All i could do about that one was use a hot compress.

If these are ingrown hairs, its best to use a hot compress (as hot as your skin can tolerate without burning yourself) one or twice a day. The heat will help bring the hair closer to the surface. You can try to pop it like a pimple, but don't force it... that will cause more pain and irritation. Between the hot compress, the pushing/popping, and patience it will come out more or less on it's own. Once the hair is through the skin you can use tweezer to completely remove it. It took me about 2-3 days after seeing the doctor, using the hot compresses, and my fingers to finally remove the hair. Once I got it out, it was almost instant relief. The pain and swelling was gone the next day.

If you don't think that what you're experiencing is in-grown hairs, then a trip to the doctor or clinic is the next best step.

Good luck.
How can one tell if its a ingrown hair though, and mine really cant be popped

Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I guess the only to really know for sure is have a doctor look at it. You can always try the hot compress for a couple days and see if it has any effect.

how often were you shaving when you started noticing the bumps? It being such a sensetive area, is more easily irritated. If you were shaving too often, it's very possible that you're aggrivating your skin! Shaving too often could also increase the chance of ingrown hairs. Also, the type of razor you're using may be effecting your skin. Avoid disposable razor for such a sensetive area. (I imagine you know that already considering you probably shave any facial hair!)

I'm sure you know this already, but I feel the need to say it... even if you trust your girlfriend it's always best to take your health into your own hands. As soon as you become sexually active you should get tested for STDs. You should get tested each time you're with a new partner. There is always a possibilty that you or your GF have had an STD and not even know it. Sometimes one partner is just a carrier. (HPV for example, men are carriers but never show any signs, where women are the ones that experience physical symptoms.) If you get tested now it's not going to be b/c you don't trust your girlfriend.. it will be to narrow down your list of possibilities and b/c you care about your health, as well as hers.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

AZMan07 HB UserAZMan07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW2002 View Post

Now, as time goes on, everytime i shaved, if i hurt my skin, causing a cut, it would grow back as a mole looking, skin tag looking or wart looking thing. Now, im not shaving any more, yet, it seams its getting worse or speading kinda. I havent exactly kept a count, but its looking wierd. I got 1 that i can actually say is a Skin tag, yet the others are little dark bumps that almost look like wierd pimples that you cant pop, yet the one big one grew for a while then stopped. Now its about as big as a diametor of a thumb tack for a wall or picture, maybe slightly smaller but not much. That one big one has not gotten bigger, yet the other little ones that were cut when shaving are now speading it seamed or coming out.
Based on the comments I included above, I would get to a dermatologist as soon as you can. Please report back here.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
(male)

DRW2002 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen52983 View Post
I guess the only to really know for sure is have a doctor look at it. You can always try the hot compress for a couple days and see if it has any effect.

how often were you shaving when you started noticing the bumps? It being such a sensetive area, is more easily irritated. If you were shaving too often, it's very possible that you're aggrivating your skin! Shaving too often could also increase the chance of ingrown hairs. Also, the type of razor you're using may be effecting your skin. Avoid disposable razor for such a sensetive area. (I imagine you know that already considering you probably shave any facial hair!)

I'm sure you know this already, but I feel the need to say it... even if you trust your girlfriend it's always best to take your health into your own hands. As soon as you become sexually active you should get tested for STDs. You should get tested each time you're with a new partner. There is always a possabilty that you or your GF have had an STD and not even know it. Sometimes one partner is just a carrier. (HPV for example, men are carriers but never show any signs, where women are the ones that experience physical symptoms.) If you get tested now it's not going to be b/c you don't trust your girlfriend.. it will be to narrow down your list of possibilities and b/c you care about your health, as well as hers.
what kind of a hot compression should i use? I shaved certain parts once a week, while i only did the entire thing less then 5 times and stopped because of those bumps forming. Im assuming its skin irritation because the only time the outbreaks occur is when i shave and stubble occurs. They get a little larger in size, which isnt much, when i shaved each time, so im assuming that is the real reason. It all started when i used disposable blade razors, i got a better affect with no irritiation when i used dispossible razors in general. odd.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

Put a damp washcloth in the microwave for a minture or so, until hot enough to tolerate, not so hot that you're scorching yourself. Keep it on until the temperature has cooled down. Heat it up one or two more times. Do that once or twice a day for a couple days. It may help, it may not.

Just b/c the possibility of an STD scares you, do not rule it out. If these bumps don't clear up or if they worsen in any way then please get them looked at. It may not be an STD. It could be anything really.. in-grown hairs and STDs are not your only options.

I just did a quick search on "skin growths" and a bunch of different things popped up. So either head to your general physichian or a dermatologist if they either get worse or don't change at all.

Closed Thread