It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
(male)

commonman HB User
Blood in Semen due to bad cold???

Does anyone know if having a bad cold and sinus infection (3 weeks) can cause blood in semen? I was put on Amox Clav 875mg for 10 days as well as took cold medicines and tylenol around the clock for 2 weeks. I am in my early 30's, health and am monogamous with my wife of 12 years.Thanks for your response.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
(male)

averagemarried HB User
Re: Blood in Semen due to bad cold???

I had blood in my semen starting a little over a month ago. Supposedly it is not that uncommon, and usually clears up all by itself. After being urged to see an urologist by my wife, the urologist said, just like I had read on the internet, that it should clear up by itself after about a month, as the blood is resorbed into the body. He said it didn't make much difference whether there were more or less ejaculations, as the condition usually improves just by time passing. Should I refrain from intercourse? He said it was fine (and hinted it would reduce my stress) to have intercourse.

The first startling ejaculation was shocking with bright red, fresh blood, and was very upsetting. Two subsequent ejaculations were brownish, which I took to be a good sign, after which I saw the urologist. A few days ago the ejaculate was a lot more normal-looking but still had brownish bits, so it appears to be getting better of its own accord.

For peace of mind, go get examined. My urologist said the cause could be all kinds of things, including stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread