It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User
Uncircumcised cleanliness question (PLEASE help me out here).

Alright i am 19, and i've only been sexually active for about 8 months now, with one partner, and i noticed since i became active that being uncircumcised requires a bit of maintenance.

We do not use a condom (we use the pill), and usually after we finish her fluids usually end up under my foreskin, and a good bit of it. I learned that after sex i have to clean up, but my only method is basically squeezing the fluid out, and whatever i cant get out stays in there. Over the 8 or so months of being sexually active, i have had one full blown yeast infection (i guess the male equivalent of it), and two minor irritations (same thing just didnt let it get too bad).

Also about 50% of the time i have a pretty bad smell coming from there, sometimes its not there at all, other times i can smell it myself (usually at the start of the yeast infections, and for a week or two after). My girlfriend is very patient with me and she helps me out with it, but regardless i am still embarrassed of this.

How do i go about preventing these infections and keeping it from smelling? The catch is that its still horribly sensitive for me there. I used to not even be able to pull the skin back before i became active, but not the inside part of the skin and the head are HORRIBLY sensitive, so i cant make any contact with it. In the shower i sometimes pull the skin back and i try to pour water on it, or i get a bunch of suds and i pat them on. Other than that, its difficult to clean.

How do i fix this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

Leaf80 HB User
Re: Uncircumcised cleanliness question (PLEASE help me out here).

Have you been treated for the yeast infections? If not, then you and your grilfriend are probably passing it back and forth and it will never clear up until you both get treated for it. You should both use the medication for it at the same time and wait until you both are cleared up before resuming sex. That is the only way I know to prevent the yeast infections.

I'm obviously not a man, but I thought part of cleaning an uncircumsized penis was pulling back the forskin and rinsing the area with warm water (much like us ladies do with our vulvas)? If the running water is to much for your glans, what about taking a bath and just pull the forskin back and rinse it off that way? I'm sure the fellas here have better knowledge of taking care of an uncircumsized penis.

From a womans perspective though, having a yeast infection sucks, it hurts and itches and burns like crazy, I can't imagine it being all that great for a man either. Hopefully someone can give you some good suggestions on hygene and they are successful for you.

Good Luck.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

Thanks, and i know we arent passing it back and forth because if i ever start getting any signs of an infection, we stop doing everything until its completely gone for a few days. I usually do treat it with Vagisil, its painful to apply but it seems to work pretty well, it usually disappears completely after 2 days, and then we still dont do anything for 2-3 days after that just to be sure.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If you are not pulling the foreskin all the way back, and washing thoroughly with water, using your thumb to get in all the little creases, it's not really a thorough job. It is your semen breaking down which smells, not her vaginal secretions.
Squeezing out is not going to cut it. Your girlfriend is more patient than most partners would be.
I have been able to retract my foreskin since the age of four, and I still do not put the head under the shower directly. Perhaps I have the best water pressure in the world, but it hurts. I cup the water in my hand, and wash that way, then rinse the same way. If your head is still too sensitive, you need to get it accustomed to being bared, and being touched. Retract the foreskin every time you urinate. Touch the head every day, but only with a lubricated finger.
In a month or two, the hypersensitivity will be gone, and will be replaced by a joyous sensation. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

Yeah i cant do water straight from the shower head, i let the water pour down and i just aim it right onto the head. But as far as touching, i seriously cant, i thought id try yesterday while cleaning and it gives this awful feeling in my body, my body starts to twitch and convulse a little bit, and if i do it for awhile i start feeling weak. That i seriously cant do.

But whats a good routine way to clean it?

After we finish having sex, i squeeze all the fluid out, then 90% of the time i can take a towel and pat it down to get most of the remaining stuff out (i guess its still a bit numb). Problem is after i do that, the head gets very dry. Then in the shower is it okay enough if i just pull it all the way back, and let the water pour on the head?

Can i do it with just plain warm water, or do i need like body wash or any kind of cleaner along with it?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
(female)

Leaf80 HB User

I'd go with plain, warm water. While smelling like soap is a nice clean smell, it isn't really needed to clean your genitals, because it can cause irritation. If you want to use a soap, try using a small amount of Ivory or Dove, they are formulated for sensitive skin, and I would guess genitals are as sensitive as they come lol. But you shouldn't really NEED to use soap on your glans. Tommy gave you some great advice, about using a lubricated finger to touch the head, pulling back your foreskin, etc. Probably some of the best advice I've heard about taking care of your genitalia.

I also think (correct me if I am wrong) that patting it dry with a towel probably isn't the best thing to do, especially if causes dryness. Try air drying the area if you have the time.

The more you work on the sensitivity, the better off you will be when it comes to daily care. At least IMO.

Again, good luck!

Old 01-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

I've been pulling it back every time i get in the shower and rinsing it with warm water, so i do it twice a day now.

Anything else i can do or just keep up with this?

Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

Well i've been rinsing with warm water every time i get in the shower, morning and night, and its been giving me some irritation. Im unsure whether its the warm water, or whether its another infection coming since i've had sex recently. Its usually a little bit red, and it itches a tiny bit (on and off though, not a feeling that lasts all day).

Old 01-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
(female)

Leaf80 HB User

I think, if you are getting so many yeast infections, perhaps it's time to visit your doctor. Sometimes (at least in women) when someone gets yeast infections a lot, it could be a health related issue. Either that or you aren't treating them correctly, or your girlfriend has one and you both keep passing it back and forth. My suggestion would be for both of you to treat yourselves for a yeast infection, at the same time. Washing your genitals with warm water shouldn't be causing you to have irritation, or getting yeast infections so frequently.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Either you are passing it back and forth, or there is some other problem.
Yeast infections can be a sign of too much sugar in your diet, or diabetes.
If the problem persists, you need to see a doctor, to find out what is causing it.

Closed Thread