It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
(male)

alligator HB User
strange question

I would like to know if abstaining from any sexual activity has any detrimental effect on sexual health, or on the male sex organs. i mean abstaining for long periods like 6 months to a year

Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: strange question

No, abstaining from sex will not have any effect upon your health. I had sex for the first time at age 27, on my wedding night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I would like to know if abstaining from any sexual activity has any detrimental effect on sexual health, or on the male sex organs. i mean abstaining for long periods like 6 months to a year
abstaining from sex with a partner will have no effect on your organs. masturbation should still be done.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
(male)

alligator HB User

I meant no masturbation either (if that is possible!)

Old 01-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I meant no masturbation either (if that is possible!)
Well, you will be grumpy and start having wet dreams or even sleep masturbation (your asleep but you still maturbate with no memory of it). AFter a long enough period your testicles might get sore becuase of the need to release (but that depends on wet dreams).

Masturbation is also good for penis and prostrate health.

why, if you dont mind me asking, do you want to abstain from all sexual activity?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

AZMan07 HB UserAZMan07 HB User

Alligator,
I would like to know why you want to abstain for such a long period of time?

I hope it is not becasue some adult that is "getting it" regularly is telling you it is best to "stay pure."

It is a biological fact that men are at their sexual peak during their late teens through early 20's. We are "designed" that way and any attempt to thwart it is actually against nature. [soapbox off]

Philosiphical and religious issues aside, I am going against the grain here and say that the older you are the more important it is to have regular sex. Again, we are sexual creatures and we are "meant" to have sex.

If you abstain for long periods of time, especially if you are age 40+ your prostate will develop problems. It is also scientifically and medically proven in recent years that men who have more orgasms are not only less stressed but live longer and have less incidence of heart problems.

Perhaps you have heard people say "Use it or lose it?" Regular erections are the body's way of keeping your penis "in shape." It is even possible for it to shrink because it looses its elasticity. Some may argue with this because it is a minute amount but it is a medical fact.

Finally, if you "train your brain" to not want to have sex by ignoring your natural urges, those urges will, over a long period of time, also diminish. And they will be a lot harder to get back!

So, get out and have fun while you still can. If you don't, some day you may regret it.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
(male)

alligator HB User

I am going to be working on an oil rig for 6 months, maybe there will be no oppurtunities for things like that ie no privacy?

Old 01-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

Most likely you will have a little pivacy from time to time and besides don't you think the other guy's are masturbating too!?!
keil

Closed Thread