It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
(male)

Marcus9181 HB User
Blood in semen and urine

Roughly 3 months ago, I urinated blood after having sex. This had never happened to me before and I have been sexually active for 10+ years. I was very concerned about the problem, but decided to wait to see if it happened again before going to a Doctor. Sure enough, the next time I had sex I actually ejaculated a mix of sperm blood. I went to the doctor and they thought I had kidney stones (I had lower back pain also). I had an CT Scan and nothing showed up irregular and no stones. I was told that the Doctor wanted to do a cytoscopy, but I never went back because the appointment was set for three weeks later and the problem seemed to resolve itself.

Now here I am 3 months later and I have the same problems occuring. I urinate blood after each time I have sex, there is blood in my semen when I have sex and the last time I urinated after sex there were VERY LARGE blood clots that came out. I actually had trouble urinating and had to squeeze my penis and then it shot out everywhere- full stream of blood with large clots included. I have a dull pain in my lower abdomen and my testicles are very sensitive right now. I am trying to get another appointment at my urologist, but they have not been available to schedule for the past two days. I am very nervous about what this could be. I saw my general practicioner two days ago because of an ear and sinus infection and I actually brought in a sample of one of the clots that I urinated the other night. He said it is definitely a clot and that I needed to go back to the urologist. He said it may be Visocele.

Does anyone know what may be happening to me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

AZMan07 HB UserAZMan07 HB User
Re: Blood in semen and urine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus9181 View Post
I have a dull pain in my lower abdomen and my testicles are very sensitive right now. I am trying to get another appointment at my urologist, but they have not been available to schedule for the past two days. I am very nervous about what this could be.
You have every right to be nervous!

I would think that describing your symptoms to a urologist would get you to the front of the line and if not in the office that day or at least the next. It may be time to call another one. If that one is really that busy, your diagnosis may also be rushed.

Has any doctor given you a digital rectal prostate exam and have you get a PSA blood test?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
(male)

Marcus9181 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMan07 View Post

I would think that describing your symptoms to a urologist would get you to the front of the line and if not in the office that day or at least the next. It may be time to call another one. If that one is really that busy, your diagnosis may also be rushed.

Has any doctor given you a digital rectal prostate exam and have you get a PSA blood test?

I have had two prostate exams (not digital) and they first diagnosed me as having a prostate infection. I am 26 years old, so I found that to be an odd diagnosis. I have an appointment this Wednesday with my urologist. I really don't know what is going on here. I do not have this problem after masturbation. It only happens after intercourse. I usually have been drinking heavily at that time, but I don't know if that would affect it.

Thank you for the advice. I'll keep you posted as to what I find. Wish me luck...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
(male)

Marcus9181 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMan07 View Post

I have had a regular urine test. I went to the ER the first time this happened and they diagnosed this as hemotaspermia. What exactly is a PSA blood test?

Thanks

Closed Thread